The Citadel - Dover (My Dream Airsoft Site)

LSUK
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey everyone!

Not sure if this has been seen before (i couldn't find any topics on it) but i recently saw that 'The Citadel' in Dover was up for sale. It's been a target of a lot of debate between Dover council and property developers, which has meant it is now up for private sale. https://search.savills.com/property-detail/45e2b354-e5c4-4cc7-858a-a493cf458cc9

I would LOVE to play here, not only is it a mix of urban, CQB, and more open combat, but there's an entire tunnel system underneath it too! 😍

On the site there's also:

- Prison Buildings

- Barracks Buildings

- Dry Moat surrounding the entire site

- Plenty of Parking ;)

I can only dream though... unless a mega-rich airsofter wants to make my dreams a reality 🤑

Here are some pictures:

732220226_SiteAreaPromap_l_gal.thumb.jpg.05cbd37a45b1997b4f903360620a0130.jpg]]

35926_001_l_gal.thumb.jpg.e27cbbf73388bcc116af84ba3b17e64b.jpg

35926_036_l_gal.thumb.jpg.cd16882598bde9caca057660905e00f0.jpg

_DSC3894_l_gal.thumb.jpg.30d981f7a5b2cb2ea9bfddd3e4da57a4.jpg

10_l_gal.thumb.jpg.db5c0c06710feb51535e8805ae9434af.jpg

That is a bit nice! 

UCAP have a page on their website asking for new potential sites like this and they give you a finders fee of 500 quid if it ends up being successful.

Sadly this will be way too expensive I would imagine, but If anyone can do it it's probably them. 

There was a similar site at Fort Amherst in Chatham... don't know if anyone still operates it, but that was good fun.

However, I can see on the listing it's already under offer.

Since CAGE/Invicta folded there's a bit of a dearth of sites in East Kent :(

3 minutes ago, Shriven said:

There was a similar site at Fort Amherst in Chatham... don't know if anyone still operates it, but that was good fun.

At least we still have the Fort Borstal!

2 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

That is a bit nice! 

UCAP have a page on their website asking for new potential sites like this and they give you a finders fee of 500 quid if it ends up being successful.

Sadly this will be way too expensive I would imagine, but If anyone can do it it's probably them. 

Never even thought of that! I'll let them know.

Maybe they could get in touch with the council and get a permit to use it instead of just having it sitting there doing nothing. 

6 minutes ago, Shriven said:

Yeah i would have loved to play at Fort Amherst. I've been there a few times for their halloween events or escape rooms. 

As much as i love my local sites, they are all woodland ones and i'd love to not have to deep clean all of my gear after each session! I've always wanted to play on a site that's got a good mix of urban and woodland but there's not many sites in Kent, that i'm aware of, that do it... :( 

• Supporters
9 minutes ago, Shriven said:

Dude, welcome back, this is THE forum, I'm guessing that you've got "the bug" again lol.

Yeah, cage/Invicta had a laid back approach & access to a plethora of great sites, I'm struggling to find anywhere that even comes close.

PS. Ft Amhurst has reverted back to the conservation group that ran the lower section, & they've cleared much of the top area we used.

1 hour ago, LSUK said:

Never even thought of that! I'll let them know.

Maybe they could get in touch with the council and get a permit to use it instead of just having it sitting there doing nothing. 

Yeah i would have loved to play at Fort Amherst. I've been there a few times for their halloween events or escape rooms. 

As much as i love my local sites, they are all woodland ones and i'd love to not have to deep clean all of my gear after each session! I've always wanted to play on a site that's got a good mix of urban and woodland but there's not many sites in Kent, that i'm aware of, that do it... :( 

Invicta Airsoft used to have access to the Lydd ranges and holy hell there was some cool stuff down there which were like Sennybridge! Don't know why nobody else hasn't tried to get back in on that action tbh!

• Supporters
7 hours ago, Shriven said:

Invicta Airsoft used to have access to the Lydd ranges and holy hell there was some cool stuff down there which were like Sennybridge! Don't know why nobody else hasn't tried to get back in on that action tbh!

Prob the best game I ever played was that Weekender at Rype Village, -10 & heavy snow all weekend & no moans or cheating, everybody just having a great time, not to mention the literal metric ton of quality curry supplied by the army 🐷 Yum.

A couple of firms have tried to organise games there, 3 games I think, they were very pricey & all cancelled at short notice when the MOD called dibs 😭.

This would be epic. and right down the road from me.

On 30/01/2020 at 17:01, Tackle said:

Prob the best game I ever played was that Weekender at Rype Village, -10 & heavy snow all weekend & no moans or cheating, everybody just having a great time, not to mention the literal metric ton of quality curry supplied by the army 🐷 Yum.

A couple of firms have tried to organise games there, 3 games I think, they were very pricey & all cancelled at short notice when the MOD called dibs 😭.

Played there 2 maybe 3 years ago with legion.... After that and the base commander losing his shit because of various "admin" fuck ups I dont think anyone will get on there again for a long while 😂

Archived