Double Bell AKs

Karinexmachina
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Was wondering if anyone has had any expierence with Double Bell AK's i know they have something to do with Dboys. Someone recently recommended i get one of these for a new player so i was wondering what it would be like as a starter gun
Theres 3 AK's
https://www.taiwangun.com/en/electric/by-002-black-bell?from=listing&campaign-id=14&q=double+bell

https://www.taiwangun.com/en/electric/by-005-black-bell?from=listing&campaign-id=14&q=BY-005
https://www.taiwangun.com/en/electric/by-012-black-bell-2?from=listing&campaign-id=14&q=double+bell

For budget AKs, just get a CYMA.  A tiny bit more expensive but not much but so much better

10 hours ago, Karinexmachina said:

Was wondering if anyone has had any expierence with Double Bell AK's i know they have something to do with Dboys. Someone recently recommended i get one of these for a new player so i was wondering what it would be like as a starter gun
Theres 3 AK's
https://www.taiwangun.com/en/electric/by-002-black-bell?from=listing&campaign-id=14&q=double+bell

https://www.taiwangun.com/en/electric/by-005-black-bell?from=listing&campaign-id=14&q=BY-005
https://www.taiwangun.com/en/electric/by-012-black-bell-2?from=listing&campaign-id=14&q=double+bell

I have been wondering on these as well, full metal bodies at such a cheap price (Pot metal but there you go). 

• Supporters

i must echo the cyma argument, cyma and jg would be my go-to brands for budget ak's.

the amount of cyma's get used around here as rental guns testifies to their reliability.

I have been considering a budget AK. But I have found a place that will get me an E&L AK for around 210 quid shipped. I know they are leagues above the budget options, I just don't know if I can really stretch to one considering I have sworn off buying any more rifles! But I don't have an AK and wouldn't mind partnering my SVU for a Milsim. 

7 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

I have been considering a budget AK. But I have found a place that will get me an E&L AK for around 210 quid shipped. I know they are leagues above the budget options, I just don't know if I can really stretch to one considering I have sworn off buying any more rifles! But I don't have an AK and wouldn't mind partnering my SVU for a Milsim. 

That's cheap. 

Do eeeeet

9 minutes ago, Cromulon1994 said:

That's cheap. 

Do eeeeet

I know, but I have more of a need for Gorka/Smersh 

I'll think on it :)

3 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

Get both, problem solved

Getting paid my January wages in mid December is a killer despite the council tax free two months coming up :( That and i'd still have to buy some AK mags. I hear the E&L is a killer on cheaper mags as well. (Would need some high caps ideally and I have no idea which ones would work!)

3 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

I run mine on cyma midcaps, pretty cheap on taiwangun.

I hear those are fine. Though i am looking for high caps specifically at the moment. (Not for milsim of course). 

Either way, I cannae afford it really. I am looking at knocking out 3 new sites off my review list this coming month and a further one in March. 

Just now, Adolf Hamster said:

Fair enough, 210 on an e&l still sounds too good to pass up

Gunfire were doing E&L Aks for 175 before Christmas. Shame I didnt grab one then. 

Did somebody mention AK’s!?.... 🔫😎

Originally  when I first started I just had the one.... now I have a few variants from different brands! 😜

E&L, AKM, 2nd hand

E&L AKS-74U, 2nd hand

CYMA RPK (It’s an LMG, but takes standard and regular mags, either way a bigger AK, in my opinion!?) 🤔

DBoy AKMS, 2nd hand

Will get a Tokyo Marui and LCT version.... when I have the 💷

Not familiar with the brand mentioned, but I’m not an expect!

If you want to get it up to you @Karinexmachina, but I have to agree with @EvilMonkee for the CYMA AK! 😎👍

Also @Asomodai that is a Great deal, better than the one I got, but that was in 2017, it was reasonable, if you have the change buy it!?.... (I had the money back then to buy that as my first AEG AK, still works!) 🤞👍

💷GAMBLE💷

internally it's a V3 so cheap and easy to fix if it breaks and if you want to you can refine it as it will be firing rough (varying FPS and poor accuracy at range.)

Externally Bell, Dboys, Kalash and CYMA all suffer from brittle pot metal. Things that will go wrong long term will be the flash hider will work itself loose as it's only held on with 1 screw, the charging handle - Handle will snap off, the stock catch has a tendency to snap if abused and the gas tube will start to rattle because, again only held in place with 1 screw.

£90 odd quid is a good price if you are starting out and also know that it might have issues that can be fixed with a little bit of technical knowhow.

4 hours ago, Asomodai said:

Getting paid my January wages in mid December is a killer despite the council tax free two months coming up :( That and i'd still have to buy some AK mags. I hear the E&L is a killer on cheaper mags as well. (Would need some high caps ideally and I have no idea which ones would work!)

I use LCT mags no issue in my E&L.   E&L mags are shit.  Either LCT or MAG brand I would recommend

That’s interesting @EvilMonkee, will try that out when I get my LCT version!?.... 🤔👍

💷GAMBLE💷

Yep, my LCT mags work fine in my E&L but my E&L mags won't work in my LCT.  Moot point anyway as I run a GHK AKM mostly these days and they don't fit in either :)

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Asomodai said:

Gunfire were doing E&L Aks for 175 before Christmas. Shame I didnt grab one then. 

Ooh, must admit ive been looking a full length 74 to put my pk-a sight on

1 hour ago, Adolf Hamster said:

Ooh, must admit ive been looking a full length 74 to put my pk-a sight on

Where did you get the PK-A?

• Supporters
4 hours ago, EvilMonkee said:

Where did you get the PK-A?

Amazon special, wasnt cheap and it's just a simple dot internally, but it looks the part with the hammerite finish.

Only thing is it doesnt go on the aksu's, had to ghetto space the side rail out to clear the rear sight block

• Mostly Retired Moderators

The new Specna Arms AKs are so close.

There's traditional wood/steel varieties and Tacticool RIS / MLok varieties 😎

p1mISgx.jpg

Might be worth holding out to see the whole range ;)

1 hour ago, L3wisD said:

p1mISgx.jpg

But are they "really" going to be better then E&Ls or are they going to occupy a space between Cyma and E&L?

If they have stamped steel receivers and take non proprietary parts then it's a no brainer. 

I have a CYMA  AKM, totally bombproof and lasted for years. Cannot fault the brand.

The Specna Arms look interesting though given the praise their ARs have received. Presume there will be high end versions with Mosfets at some point.

On 30/01/2020 at 21:49, L3wisD said:

p1mISgx.jpg

Not GBBR not interested :P

Archived