Grey shop tax

Darbanator
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

13 minutes ago, Darbanator said:

I’m wanting to do a Russian load out and I like the polite person set on grey shop and I was wondering if someone’s ordered a similar or same load out and did you have to pay tax and if so how expensive was the tax

Assume that you will need to pay 20% import VAT - which will be calculated against the total of the item price and postage - it may be calculated against the invoice / declaration prices shown or they may revalue when assessing 

Then add on £8 to £20 handling fees which will depend on which carrier it comes through 

If it is below the thresholds then there is nothing to pay 

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/vat-imports-acquisitions-and-purchases-from-abroad

I’ve ordered three times from there and got stung once. Buy from there assuming you’re gonna pay tax on it (plus the £13 fee for paying it without your permission), and if it slips through the net, great 

1 hour ago, Wo1f said:

I’ve ordered three times from there and got stung once. Buy from there assuming you’re gonna pay tax on it (plus the £13 fee for paying it without your permission), and if it slips through the net, great 

What did you order

On 30/01/2020 at 15:49, Darbanator said:

What did you order

An AK rail for someone else, a PKP box mag insert and something else I can’t remember. 

Archived