Where can I buy an MP7 for £100-£250

Raxs_Slayer
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello All, I'm brand new to Airsoft. I went for my first time recently and used rental equipment. I've decided I'd love to get more into it, and I also never want to use rental stuff ever again, haha.

I am absolutely dead set on getting an MP7 as my first Airsoft Gun. Only issue is, I'm struggling to find one In my desired price range. I'm avoiding GBB ones for now, since it seems like a lot of hassle for a starter. I also don't want to splash massively on something £250+ since I'm not exactly rolling in money.

All I have been able to find otherwise is a "Well MP7", but it doesn't seem to have gotten great reviews, and perhaps struggles with reaching 350 FPS (I think it's called) which I'm fairly sure my local Airsoft place requires you to be getting close to.

I am struggling with the fact that the vast majority of stores online seem to be sold out of MP7s. I don't know if I'm looking in the right places, and because I'm new to it all I'm not quite sure how to navigate the market of Airsoft guns.

So does anyone know any places I could get an Electric MP7 for less than 250? Or if you have any general advice on how I can better scour the market?

Thanks in advance!

The only MP7's I know worth their salt are the VFC one which is pretty much double your budget or the TM GBB one which is £300~

Everything else AEG wise is actually just a AEP which is generally considered garbage.

If you are dead set on a MP7 get more money or you will end up paying for something which doesn't perform very well at all.

£250 is plenty to get a decent AEG I would strongly conisder getting something else like an ARP9 if you want a SMG size.

Don't get too caught up with how much fps a rifle is doing, although its nice to be around the 330fps range (my preferred)  I have a mate who owns a gc wild hog that's doing 290fps and he can out range me plus his accuracy is better, im fairly new to airsoft myself, its a very addictive sport lol 

Have you checked the classifieds on this site? or maybe put up a wanted add

• Supporters

Not going to happen.

The electric Well MP7 (and the electric TM MP7 which it copies) are electric "pistols".  They are undersized, about 70% of the real things, and they look it.  They also use undersized gearboxes and pistons which produce about 0.45J rather than the 1-1.13J that you'll want to aim for outdoors.

That's not to say that they can't be great fun in close quarters or as a sniper backup, but they're not intended to be woodland primaries.

Then there's the newish VFC MP7 which is a full sized, full power proposition. But that comes in at well over £300, plus magazines (if you're lucky enough to get them) plus the problem that it might need to be downgraded to get it under a typical 350fps / 1.13J  limit.

Sorry that this isn't what you want to hear, but that's the state of play.

Why do you absolutely have to have an MP7?  Are you on a mission from God?

1 hour ago, Rogerborg said:

Not going to happen.

The electric Well MP7 (and the electric TM MP7 which it copies) are electric "pistols".  They are undersized, about 70% of the real things, and they look it.  They also use undersized gearboxes and pistons which produce about 0.45J rather than the 1-1.13J that you'll want to aim for outdoors.

That's not to say that they can't be great fun in close quarters or as a sniper backup, but they're not intended to be woodland primaries.

Then there's the newish VFC MP7 which is a full sized, full power proposition. But that comes in at well over £300, plus magazines (if you're lucky enough to get them) plus the problem that it might need to be downgraded to get it under a typical 350fps / 1.13J  limit.

Sorry that this isn't what you want to hear, but that's the state of play.

Why do you absolutely have to have an MP7?  Are you on a mission from God?

Thanks for the information.

The rational side of me wholly wants to get something more practical. And even before I made this post I had been looking online, and recognised the fact that MP7s are just really expensive compared to the usual kit. But I just end up remembering how much I love how they look and feel and it makes me want to try until I know I definitely shouldn't bother.

When I was trying out Airsoft for the first time, I did gravitate towards CQC spaces, and really enjoyed the encounters there. Which is another reason as to why I was looking at Machine Pistols and SMGs.

I should also mention I'm not a very competitive person. I love the sport, but having a gun I love the look of, that I can maintain, and customise is something I can imagine spending a lot of time with. Obviously I'm still interested in something that is practical, but I'm not going to be disappointed if I can't have something that doesn't have peak performance.

So at the end of the day, I'm perfectly willing to compromise for something else for the time being, but I will always be on the lookout for an MP7, especially if have some money to burn.

So in the meantime, do you have any further advice for a first time buyer? Particularly in the realms of SMGs? Cheers.

3 hours ago, Syks said:

Don't get too caught up with how much fps a rifle is doing, although its nice to be around the 330fps range (my preferred)  I have a mate who owns a gc wild hog that's doing 290fps and he can out range me plus his accuracy is better, im fairly new to airsoft myself, its a very addictive sport lol 

Have you checked the classifieds on this site? or maybe put up a wanted add

That's good to know. I have a funny feeling that the place I went to wouldn't let people use weapons that were not 350 FPS (Give or take 5). I'm not sure if I remembered that wrong and they wouldn't mind lower end stuff, does that sound right? or would they not mind a -300 FPS weapon?

Cheers for the response !

3 hours ago, Musica said:

The only MP7's I know worth their salt are the VFC one which is pretty much double your budget or the TM GBB one which is £300~

Everything else AEG wise is actually just a AEP which is generally considered garbage.

If you are dead set on a MP7 get more money or you will end up paying for something which doesn't perform very well at all.

£250 is plenty to get a decent AEG I would strongly conisder getting something else like an ARP9 if you want a SMG size.

Thanks for the response. That is a genuinely great suggestion. The ARP9 has all the design features in a weapon I typically really like. Only really lacking the Pistol-like silhouette of something like an MP7. But hey, beggars can't be choosers. It frankly looks awesome for so many different reasons anyway, and looks much more practical.

Big thanks for the awesome recommendation. I'll start looking around for one.

1 hour ago, ChristianHalley said:

Thanks for the response. That is a genuinely great suggestion. The ARP9 has all the design features in a weapon I typically really like. Only really lacking the Pistol-like silhouette of something like an MP7. But hey, beggars can't be choosers. It frankly looks awesome for so many different reasons anyway, and looks much more practical.

Big thanks for the awesome recommendation. I'll start looking around for one.

In my opinion an ARP9 + drum magazine is a great starter gun as you save money on buying a speed loader and load  bearing gear to hold magazines. It is good indoors and out because barrel length makes little to no difference in airsoft. One of the best rof in a rif out of the box.

• Supporters

I get it, I'd love for there to be a cheap, full size electric MP7 out there, but it's currently lacking.  Heck, I'd really want an Uzi.

In the meantime, how about an MP5K?  My Galaxy G5K is surprisingly decent for the price, but seems to be out of stock now.  CYMA and Jing Gong (JG) both do decent MP5Ks and MP5 PDWs, all of which use full size gearboxes and shoot in the 310 - 340fps range even with short barrels.

JG also do a Mac-10 and V-61 Škorpion, but I'd caution against them as like the Well/TM MP7s they use a small pistol gearbox and batteries and are low powered.  You can upgrade the spring, switch to lipo batteries, sink loads of time and money into them, but they just lack the piston volume to ever get near a full size gearbox's power levels.

When CYMA or JG clone that VFC MP7 - or better yet, come out with an Uzi - I'll be on it like a tramp on a bottle of cider.

I suspect your site doesnt let anyone use anything over 350fps, you can use anything under that fine mate,a lot of the decent pistols eg Tokyo mauri are only running around 290fps and I suspect a load of people would probably be using them at your cqb

7 hours ago, Syks said:

I suspect your site doesnt let anyone use anything over 350fps, you can use anything under that fine mate,a lot of the decent pistols eg Tokyo mauri are only running around 290fps and I suspect a load of people would probably be using them at your cqb

Awesome! Thanks for clearing that up for me. Huge help!

19 hours ago, Musica said:

In my opinion an ARP9 + drum magazine is a great starter gun as you save money on buying a speed loader and load  bearing gear to hold magazines. It is good indoors and out because barrel length makes little to no difference in airsoft. One of the best rof in a rif out of the box.

That's an awesome idea. I'm definitely getting one. The fact that the G&G one is a great price, good performance, and has a 3 round burst option too which is really cool. only downside is it's externals are polymer, but the fact it makes it lightweight is probably a good thing, so I'm more than happy to overlook it.

I was eyeing up the drum mag too. The fact that I wouldn't need to buy extra mags, and a loader is a great point, and would like end up saving money. I don't think I fired more than 1k BBs in my first day, so the drum mag would only need topping up between games, haha. Perfect!

10 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

I get it, I'd love for there to be a cheap, full size electric MP7 out there, but it's currently lacking.  Heck, I'd really want an Uzi.

In the meantime, how about an MP5K?  My Galaxy G5K is surprisingly decent for the price, but seems to be out of stock now.  CYMA and Jing Gong (JG) both do decent MP5Ks and MP5 PDWs, all of which use full size gearboxes and shoot in the 310 - 340fps range even with short barrels.

JG also do a Mac-10 and V-61 Škorpion, but I'd caution against them as like the Well/TM MP7s they use a small pistol gearbox and batteries and are low powered.  You can upgrade the spring, switch to lipo batteries, sink loads of time and money into them, but they just lack the piston volume to ever get near a full size gearbox's power levels.

When CYMA or JG clone that VFC MP7 - or better yet, come out with an Uzi - I'll be on it like a tramp on a bottle of cider.

There are so many good options in there. I decided to settle on an ARP9 for a general use weapon, but I'm still keeping my eyes peeled for some decently priced PDWs, and the list of things you gave is a great place to start. MP5Ks looks great, and would be perfect lightweight option. Highly likely to be my next purchase.

Honestly, cheers for all the suggestions and good detail. As a beginner I find it super useful, and heard a lot of things I needed to. I definitely feel like I know where to start now.

5 hours ago, ChristianHalley said:

Honestly, cheers for all the suggestions and good detail. As a beginner I find it super useful, and heard a lot of things I needed to. I definitely feel like I know where to start now.

once you have a solid work horse like the arp9 leave it stock and you can try more obscure guns out and fall back on the work horse if they aren't cutting it on the day.

Archived