Lee Enfield .303 - anybody have one?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I have always wanted an Enfield but have always held back because they are all overpriced and not that great to be honest. I'm hoping the new G&G one will be decent, but once again its a gas rifle which presents its problems, but the clip loading mechanism looks awsome. So you may want to wait for that one, but who knows when that will be out.

In general though good WW2 bolt action rifles are a real missed market or just a plain extortionately overpriced one. When we have so many cheap spring VSRs there is no reason why the airsoft powers to be can't do the same with WW2. The RWA Enfiled was a £700 joke which no one bought and any others are either too rare to find or over £1000! Kar98Ks are allot easier to find (The german kit factor 😂) and they even have some spring ones which have been made available recently for less than £100, so it's more than possible to do, just not yet with Enfields sadly.

For places to buy WW2 airsoft guns https://www.switairsoft.com/ seems to be the place to be. They are an Asian Airsoft company who specifically focus on WW2 Airsoft so they have a decent amount of options.

Sadly i think because its a more niche sector of airsoft and aimed at collectors also, i think the companies feel they can slap a huge price tag on these guns while not bothering to make them that practice, resulting is really limited options for actual airsoft play.

The WW2 Airsoft forum is also a good place to keep an eye on https://www.ww2airsoft.org.uk/php/phpBB2/index.php?sid=572cd592c064536a16e2fe5e5522678f

@rocketdogbert 👋

I was determined and fortunate to find a 2nd hand Lee Enfield, in good condition and is a springer! 🔫

There’s two model variations the SMLE (the one I have, down below) and the MK 4 (your pic)!

This is Shoot & Scoot version, so much fun running around the field, with a rubber Bayonet! 😂

34A7A3B1-BA79-4694-AA13-E5CA0429B856.thumb.png.efb42b894b8510b119c8e1f5990f315c.png

I’ve had a few minor issues with it, but always manage to sort it out ASAP, usually during the game or having a break! 

From what I was told this thing is legit made out of real Lee Enfield parts!

Excluding the VSR-10 bolt system and the mag. 🤔

@Armo1000 & @EDcase are both right! 😵

Hope this helps, need more info don’t be afraid to ask?

💷GAMBLE💷

Granted, mine is not perfect, still working on it!

But compared to some of the newer versions, which haven’t been as good.... 

These are hard to come by 2nd hand (Believe me, this particular model, slipped twice through my hands, 3rd time was the charm! 😜), being a rare one, the price is going to be high for a new one! 

just checked the web, even the kits have sold out.... they do come back in stock, when though....!? 😵

Ok a review:

Pro’s

It’s a man’s toy gun! 😂

Durable.

Range not bad. Have it under 350 FPS, for charging at the enemy! 

Accuracy is not bad, I run 2.8 BBs currently, higher weight necessary for 350 FPS+

Can change the spring for DMR or Sniper FPS.

Can add a VSR Sniper mount and scope (will be doing that soon! 🤞)

Cons

Mine, tends to slam fire, but after a few goes is back to normal, take the mag out, put back in! 

Dry fire, easily sorted put my finger on loose mag!

Heavy. 

Thats it really.... that comes to mind? 🤔

Hope this help in a way? Anything else feel free to ask? 👍

💷GAMBLE💷

@EDcase See what happens in the future? 🤞

On the web, I bought it on, I saw the one the particular model @rocketdogbert you had in mind, it was being sold with a WW2 British revolver, this was more than a few months back, needless to say a lot of 💷!? 🤔

💷GAMBLE💷

24 minutes ago, EDcase said:

I guess we'll have to wait and see if G&G finally produce their gas one. (just 5 shots tho 😩)

Maybe another manufacturer will come up with one.

They also have a 30 round mag with it, but it's far less realistic, however for Skirmishishing I couldn't care and would prefer this. Keep in mind that it's still in development and I've heard they are working on improving the capacity of the clips. We shall see, but if they do get it right, this one could be decent. And let's hope they don't charge stupid money either 🤞

• Supporters

I asked during SHOT, struggled to talk to the asian bloke but eventually got through and he said they weren't displaying the No4.  I double checked around the booth just in case I'd misunderstood but couldn't see it.

I handled the Redwolf one before and it seemed ok, spring which some will prefer, there's a few reviews out there which are rather mediocre though.

I original came across this Airsoft YouTuber.... a few years back, he has 3 vids with the Lee Enfield, in  your pic @rocketdogbert.... I think he stopped though!? 🤔🔫

He’s the one that caught my eye with it.... then I wanted one.... would of been cool to challenge him one day! 😂😜

Enjoy and hope it gives you more of an insight.... I will do this one day and upload some vids.... 😎

💷GAMBLE💷

• 3 weeks later...

Archived