Recommendations for automatic pistols or small easy to carry SMG's?

igotfips
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Looking at getting a sidearm to go with my SRS whilst sniping. I play in woodland mainly so am relatively always well hidden and am wondering what would be best. I already own a TM MK23 which is amazing don't get me wrong but want something I can just spray at large groups of enemies. Heard the TM G18 is good? Also open to the idea of getting a small SMG I can just throw to my side or over my back when moving, I have an ARP-9 but I feel its still a bit too large to carry along with my SRS as I run it with a drum mag.

Any recommendations welcome :)

Full auto GBB pistols can break fast, AEPs are pain in the ass to owrk on and not that mane of upgrades. 

Maybe something like this? It is shorter than ARP9, but it is somewhat bulky:
https://www.mpa-airsoft.co.uk/products/specna-arms-sa-c18-carbine-replica

Also, I think there was a semi-decent AEP MP7? Or was it MP9? One of those should work too.

25 minutes ago, igotfips said:

something I can just spray at large groups of enemies.

How often do you get in this situation? 

Umarex have a full auto glock but from what I have seen I wouldn't fire it without gloves. 

http://www.landwarriorairsoft.com/airsoft-rifles-pistols-c38/pistols-c42/umarex-glock-18c-gas-blow-back-p9807

If you REALLY want something good and SMG like the TM GBB MP7

Personally I run an Ares M-45 along with my striker. Its small, compact and with the folding stock it can easily hang of on my right-hand side on a sling while I pop people from a distance and then I can quickly switch to the M-45 if I need to push up a bit.

This is the posh example 

https://www.bespokeairsoft.co.uk/search-uk/ares-m45/ares-m45x-s-with-efcs-gearbox-black-ar-083e-comes-with-one-mid-cap-and-one-low-cap-magazine

TM 18c is good. Selector is awkward but thats glocks fault. For all year round reliability i would go with and AEG MP5K or PDW with a good hop and full size gear box no range or fps issues you get with AEPs.

Personally I would find anything bigger than a pistol annoying to carry while trying to snipe. I'd go with a TM 18c. When your needing something like that while sniping your likely already over run already so its not like you'll need a lot of rounds. As far as FA gbbps it's about as reliable as you're gonna get. If I had to go aeg route maybe one of those little amoeba am003 with short mags.

31 minutes ago, heroshark said:

Personally I would find anything bigger than a pistol annoying to carry while trying to snipe. I'd go with a TM 18c. When your needing something like that while sniping your likely already over run already so its not like you'll need a lot of rounds. As far as FA gbbps it's about as reliable as you're gonna get. If I had to go aeg route maybe one of those little amoeba am003 with short mags.

It's multi-use as well

For all-weather reliability I’d go VFC MP7 as the smallest and lightest battery-operated good gun I can think of that’s also capable of >350FPS. If you want to go bargain basement and don’t care about having a stock, CYMA make plastic MP5Ks that use a full-size V3 gearbox.

AEPs are very bad and I would never recommend buying one.

When it comes to gas SMGs you have tons of options. The KSC/KWA/ASG MP9 is quite small for an SMG and it’s great. The TM MP7 is actually smaller than it should be (about 0.89:1, I think) so it’s smaller than the VFC and it’s also great. There are machine pistols but they’re all a lot less reliable than the ASG or TM. KSC/KWA/ASG’s M11A1 is microscopic and has a ridiculous ROF, but it’s old and prone to damage if you slam the magazine in with the bolt forward. The KSC/KWA vz.61 Škorpion is also tiny and fast-shooting, but it’s also pretty elderly.

Select-fire pistols just aren’t designed for prolonged full auto and don’t last as long as they should.

If your primary desire is laying down suppressive fire, you want something that was designed for prolonged full auto and that has a decent magazine capacity. I’d be choosing between the VFC MP7 AEG and the ASG MP9.

If you already have the ARP9, try running it with a midcap - Now you may say there's a huge weight difference to a g18c - but when you compare a g18c+4 mags to an ARP9 with one midcap it's not as dramatic a difference. And the ARP9 won't fail.
And you don't need to buy another gun...
Oh shit. That's where my argument falls down 😂

Sometimes when I'm sniping I run a Vector as a pistol. Which is nice.
I've run a G18c, twin HK45s and an MK23.
Tbh, for all but the most crowded games the MK23 does the business nicely.

MP5K

Grab a well G55 or the old Maruzen. They are barely bigger than a pistol, hold 50 rounds, light as hell, extremely good gas efficiency (2.5 mags) even cold.

This little murder machine is my highest kill ratio gun. 

This vid shows it emtpying a 50rnd mag...pretty ridiculous rate of fire.

1 hour ago, PrometheusX said:

MP5K

Grab a well G55 or the old Maruzen. They are barely bigger than a pistol, hold 50 rounds, light as hell, extremely good gas efficiency (2.5 mags) even cold.

This little murder machine is my highest kill ratio gun. 

This vid shows it emtpying a 50rnd mag...pretty ridiculous rate of fire.

Very nice,think iv settled on a MP5K personally, countless people have mentioned it during conversation far more than anything else.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Tommycupra

Either a kwa mp9 or kwa m11a1.. If size is the main deciding factor go for the latter. Both are Lightweight, pretty reliable as long as they're maintained with a bit of silicone oil on the piston seal and gun oil on the hammer and lower side of the bolt, both are fairly easy to get parts for {unlike a maruzin mp5k}. Good gas efficiency and range on both of them. The m11 fires from a true open bolt which pushes the valve knocker forward each shot and gives lightning fast trigger response, both can empty a 49rd mag in circa 2 secs. Both are supprisingley accurate on semi. MP9 is slightly more robust as standard but there are metal kits making their way back on the market for the m11s.

On 23/01/2020 at 11:22, igotfips said:

I have an ARP-9 but I feel its still a bit too large to carry along with my SRS as I run it with a drum mag.

Then dont use a drum mag then?

Failing that a mp5k with no stock or a MP7 are generally going to be the smallest easiest solution

Archived