A bit lost on the UKARA stuff?

Nickona
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello,

I am a little bit confused about the whole UKARA thing. I have a few questions....

Firstly, how do you get it so you don't have to use 2-tone?

Secondly, as i am 15, am I able to get UKARA or will my parents have to get it?

If my parents have to buy the guns how do they get UKARA if they don't skirmish or airsoft at all?

Thanks Nick

P.S: I sure it says all this somewhere else but i can't find it :D

• Supporters

Dave's pretty much nailed it.

Your parents could get you a two tone though, that's literally your best bet.

As Dave says, it's not great, but trust me, it's a lot better than what the original ideas being floated around involved.

okay, I'm sure I'll live off the hire guns for a while, should probably give it a while if I'm new anyway

What were the other ideas anyway?

• Supporters

The other ideas included a variety of things, ranging from an outright ban to 100% bright colours.

The whole debate went on for months and for a long time, youth interests were ignored, eventually the relevant authorities decided to take note of the need for getting younger players into the sport and allowed for the idea of two-tone weapons which could be bought for minors etc etc.

A lot of people thought the VCRA would murder airsoft outright...

The problem with these laws is that they only punish the poeple who obey them!

anyway thanks for the help!!!

• 1 month later...
  • Supporters

I figure this question is equally relevant in almost any of the topics in this forum so I thought I'd add it here instead of making a new topic.

It's a while off yet, but what happens when my skirmish site membership expires? Am I no longer UKARA registered until I pay again, or what?

Does it make the guns I bought before it ran out illegally owned? Considering I don't have an airsofting photo album or anything.

• Supporters

UKARA only applies to buying RIFs so it's perfectly legal to own them, should your ukara run out,

Now should it expire, if you have been attending every game at your registered site, most will just renew it, if not you'll need to do your three games again to 'qualify'

Hope that's clear ;)

• Supporters

At my local site, when my step-dad got UKARA, they said to him that to keep it valid, all he has to do is attend one skirmish a year. But it has to be before it runs out, not afterwards. Is this correct?

• Supporters

Cheers Nutster, that's definitely clear.

I figured as much myself, just thought I'd check I was right before finding I was wrong the day after I order a new gun, the day after my year membership expires lol.

Archived