Sometimes less is more

emilianoksa
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Took me a while to develop a taste for the M4 airsoft aegs.

And when I got one it was a short barrelled cqb carbine with a ris rail. Couldn't wait to get a front hand guard and light on the ris rails. I still like it but not as much as I once did.

Funny how things that didn't appeal can grow on you over time.

I have come to the conclusion that the best looking M4s are the basic carbine types issued to US troops. I like the shape of the pistol grip and the polymer hand guard. I even like the carrying handle.

A couple of nice looking basic airsoft versions:

https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/ics-metal-m4a1-retractable-stock-airsoft-gun-aeg

https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/ics-metal-m4-commando-with-crane-stock-airsoft-gun-aeg

I actually prefer the classic stock on the first one, even though for practical purposes a rear wired crane stock is better for a nimh user like me.

I like the uncluttered look. 

I am with you on the uncluttered, clean lines of a 70's styled m4. For those of us that like the g36 platform i like to modern interpretation of these

https://www.surplusstore.co.uk/ares-gsg-g14-black.html

https://www.surplusstore.co.uk/ics-g33-g36-style.html

The g14 is on the 'I have a fund for that gun' list

• Supporters

i have a theory that some guns are a function of folks playing COD and the moment they realise they can have more than 2 attatchments they just add everything.

personally i preferr going light weight and well balanced, hence why the my m4 has an m16 fixed stock and the handguard is literally a tube. ugly as sin but surprisingly effective.

must admit, i'd rather an m16 over an m4 if we're talking the pure classics.

• Head Moderator

The days when you just had a torch on your gun

MP5 A3 with torch 1980s.jpg

When it comes to ARs old school are my my bag. Not a fan of modern or clutter. If I could make my tm recoil into a car15 I'd be made up. I did try make my 416c a homage (without major mods) to it. Would not have the foregrip if it weren't essential. Torch is only there when needed and more importantly small. IMG_7005.thumb.JPG.86dd0fc9be8ee74107a5fbce2166771f.JPG

I had practically psyched myself up to get a metal Specna Edge M4 A1 for about £150, even though I don't need it and no longer even play airsoft.

But then I did a bit of research on Specna and reviews are mixed. Some rate their guns highly and some on here say they are prone to problems. I suppose you could say the same about all guns, but the Specna are cheap and problems are probably more common with cheaper guns.

I only run nimhs and don't shoot my guns that often, so I have no need for all singing and dancing internals and such, but I am no tech and don't like the idea of having to pay more than I paid for the gun to have it fixed. For an extra 50 quid I could get an old stock ICS. 

The sensible thing would be not to buy anything, but early in  March I will lose my UKARA, and then I will no longer have a choice.

Funny, I would say that the classic look you mentioned is a clusterfuck. 

You want simple, elegant lines? Take AR15 receiver, add a M-Lok handguard, slap on HK416A buttstock, some Magpull flip up sights and you have it. Clean lines, no unnecessary clutter like fixed front sights or carrying handle

• Supporters

I have to laugh sometimes, you'll be at a woodland site in the daytime, & there's always one player with a plethora of bits in his gun, including torches & lasers lol.

🤣

• Head Moderator
1 hour ago, Tackle said:

I have to laugh sometimes, you'll be at a woodland site in the daytime, & there's always one player with a plethora of bits in his gun, including torches & lasers lol.

🤣

Do not go into the deep dark woods... unless you have a torch.

1 hour ago, Tackle said:

🤣

image.jpeg.074d55fb71303249b8e8e5e24ded1935.jpeg Because Tactical.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived