Whoops, Airsoft Gun left on train..

MandalShArK
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• MandalShArK changed the title to Whoops, Airsoft Gun left on train..
  • Supporters

Wonder will the div step forward & claim it 😂

Sensationalist journalism again..........'discovered it was not a toy' IT IS A TOY you f*ckwits.  'Very dangerous to possess' say Police...yeh like the thousands up and down the land... f*ck my life I hate stuff like this.

almost like someone needs to go on the news and inform the masses about Airsoft.

4 hours ago, EvilMonkee said:

Sensationalist journalism again..........'discovered it was not a toy' IT IS A TOY you f*ckwits.  'Very dangerous to possess' say Police...yeh like the thousands up and down the land... f*ck my life I hate stuff like this.

In the context of the comment by a ‘social media user’ .....

One shocked social media user tweeted police: "To think how tragic that could have been if a small child had found it and thought it was a toy."

e.g. child finds BB gun, shoots them self or  another child in the eye

I’m also going to stick with ‘it is not a toy’

It isn’t a firearm, but it does shoot a projectile that has the potential of doing harm.  We play our games in appropriate places with our equipment and the appropriate PPE

Yet another incident that our hobby doesn't need. Just takes one politician to start a crusade against these 'intimidating and dangerous weapons ' The general public will lap it up, they will see it as getting guns off the streets, bearing in mind that the average person has no idea about airsoft , they just see a gun. Much easier to take our toys off us than to remove illegal firearms from our streets.

On 23/01/2020 at 10:33, MandalShArK said:

almost like someone needs to go on the news and inform the masses about Airsoft.

If this did happen i can see the media kicking up a storm... people will probably freak out and before we know it Airsoft is banned and i have a £1000 paper-weight 😭😭

• Supporters
1 hour ago, LSUK said:

If this did happen i can see the media kicking up a storm... people will probably freak out and before we know it Airsoft is banned and i have a £1000 paper-weight 😭😭

Hopefully with all the furore over the Coronavirus & Brexit this story gets missed by most of the media outlets.

2 hours ago, LSUK said:

I disagree

There are MPs in Scotland who have been actively trying to stop anything that looks like a gun for a very long time

Unsuccessful

The VCR bill would have banned airsoft.  The industry (including players) stood up to be counted, and the bill was revised (using provisions in the act to have a ‘statutory instrument’ adding airsoft skirmishing as a valid activity)

In paintball we have the UKPSF who represent industry and players in the activity, dealing with the Home Office in many occasions and have stood up to the National media.

A good representation of airsoft can be positive, no representation allows things to be negative 

4 hours ago, Tommikka said:

The industry (including players) stood up to be counted, and the bill was revised...

Led by the guys over at Fire Support, I believe (always worth remembering!).

John, the tech there, once told me that he built the custom RIF that was used to work out the lethal limit of airsoft rifles, which in turn set the FPS recommendations now used by sites.

On 25/01/2020 at 17:42, Nick G said:

Yet another incident that our hobby doesn't need. Just takes one politician to start a crusade against these 'intimidating and dangerous weapons ' The general public will lap it up, they will see it as getting guns off the streets, bearing in mind that the average person has no idea about airsoft , they just see a gun. Much easier to take our toys off us than to remove illegal firearms from our streets.

They tried that in 2007.

As Boris has been on record criticising the Handgun Ban post Dunblane, I think we are safe for the moment.

We do need to be careful about legal definitions though.

The GCN ran an advert "toys that kill" claiming that Airsoft and other replicas could be "easily converted" to fire live ammunition.

The Toys (Safety) Act specifically excludes replica guns from the definition and states that the Legal definition of a toy is "designed for play by persons under 14".

While we all describe out guns as "toys" (my wife once describe a circular saw as "his new toy") we need to be aware of the circumstances. 

When talking in a legal context, use the proper legal terms or risk being labelled as "not knowing the law" and therefore unsafe or unsuitable.

In 2007, the Antis would latch on to anything they could to ban RIFs. They haven't gone away, so let's not give them any excuses to hammer us again.

Noting that we don’t know the circumstances of how this was found.

Left luggage which contained the pistol?

Player who left their bag

Uncovered Pistol found:
Player who was a total dick

Player who bagged it, but didn’t secure it and it dropped out

Chav who was carrying a RIF as an imitation weapon, dumped it when transport police looked at them, and it was found later 

etc

The negligent player is a lesson

The chav is what we should support the bad news side as abuse of RIFs which ought to be used, handled and transported responsibly 

Was it a registered air softer that left it or some dim wit acting terrorist trying to look big with an imitation gun. If it was an air softer he should be slapped and maybe banned for a few years!

9 minutes ago, EvilMonkee said:

*Hold my beer says ex PM bodyguard*

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51383104

No way in hell I would hand over the passport. The gun, almost certainly but David Camerons Passport, no fucking way :D  

7 hours ago, Albiscuit said:

No way in hell I would hand over the passport. The gun, almost certainly but David Camerons Passport, no fucking way :D  

"Oh my god I just found a gun and two passports in here, let me just see who they belong to."

*flushing noise*

"My mistake, just the one passport."

Archived