The Secutor Rapax m1

AsmiCPS

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys

Ive recently jumped back into airsoft in a big way since a basically 10 year hiatus. The main difference on my return to airsoft has been actually having a disposable income to be able to purchase items I previously would never have been able to afford. One of these items has been the Secutor Rapax m1, which so far I have thoroughly enjoyed however, I have struggled to find much info on these online in terms of parts and moding. 

I know these essentially are an ares SR25 under all the Secutor outer construction but i wanted to hear first hand from people what they may have done with their own in order to push these above the mark and make it that bit more reliable than when directly out of the box. 

appreciate it guys 

i've not but ive got a Ares SR25, wonder if the mags from this fit? the Ares uses a normal V2 gearbox in an AR10 sized shell so the feed hole is in the middle.

I put a tightbore and a maple leaf hop in mine but i could never get the mags to play ball with anything heaver than a .28 so it got shelved and ive falled out of love with it now (thankfully i didnt pay full price - they are £525 new!)

@Reed20v yeah the mags do cross over I’ve read, though I’m going to stick with the rapax 50 round mags and just carry 5 total. 

im probably going to stick to them and see if they handle 30g bbs, but might need to upgrade hop to help with the bb lift. 

1 hour ago, AsmiCPS said:

im probably going to stick to them and see if they handle 30g bbs, but might need to upgrade hop to help with the bb lift. 

You must have one hell of a hop upgrade in mind to lift those 30g monsters🤣🤣. I am guessing you ment 0.3's and I doubt that you would need to upgrade the hop to lift them. If it turns out you do I would recommend a Prometheus purple bucking and I know for a fact it will lift .4s 

Hope this helps 

7 hours ago, Solly4568 said:

You must have one hell of a hop upgrade in mind to lift those 30g monsters🤣🤣. I am guessing you ment 0.3's and I doubt that you would need to upgrade the hop to lift them. If it turns out you do I would recommend a Prometheus purple bucking and I know for a fact it will lift .4s 

Hope this helps 

Yea I did mean .30s 😂 apologies. Well I’ve got some .30gs ready for next game day, and I’ll see how they perform but would you recommend trying to go for a heavyer bb? 

• 2 months later...

Bump on this as also interested. 

Anyone got a decent view good or bad on these? Think I prefer M3 or M4 more in terms of looks but guessing they’re same performance wise and it’s just cosmetic differences? 

Since originally posting this I’ve upgraded my hop and barrel on mine and been running .32s through it and getting consistent enough results. 

it’s been very reliable so far, accurate to about 70-80m, I’ve managed to drop headsize targets in windows at 50-60m without too much strain, and generally quite a pleasure to use. 

it tends to get quite some attention too since they are not so common. 

6 hours ago, AsmiCPS said:

Since originally posting this I’ve upgraded my hop and barrel on mine and been running .32s through it and getting consistent enough results. 

it’s been very reliable so far, accurate to about 70-80m, I’ve managed to drop headsize targets in windows at 50-60m without too much strain, and generally quite a pleasure to use. 

it tends to get quite some attention too since they are not so common. 

V.cool. 

What was the original performance like before the upgrades? Thought it had a tight barrel as standard? 

It does but it was a brass barrel, i already had a prom Steel 6.03 lying around to fit it so thought what the heck, got to be better than the brass one. 

before upgrades it was decent, but I was struggling with hop lift. Now I’m shoving .32s down it as it’s the heaviest I can get without spending a small fortune. 

I was lifting .40s no problem but at £17 Per 1000 when I can .32s for £18 per 3300 it’s a no brainer. Besides, the fun of a dmr comes from long range sustainable fire, so if you play like me you will churn up ammo. 

Nothing says area denial like a dmr sitting out of your range while raining bbs through your fire hole/window. 

On 21/04/2020 at 14:23, AsmiCPS said:

It does but it was a brass barrel, i already had a prom Steel 6.03 lying around to fit it so thought what the heck, got to be better than the brass one. 

before upgrades it was decent, but I was struggling with hop lift. Now I’m shoving .32s down it as it’s the heaviest I can get without spending a small fortune. 

I was lifting .40s no problem but at £17 Per 1000 when I can .32s for £18 per 3300 it’s a no brainer. Besides, the fun of a dmr comes from long range sustainable fire, so if you play like me you will churn up ammo. 

Nothing says area denial like a dmr sitting out of your range while raining bbs through your fire hole/window. 

Hey man thanks for input. 

Sorry to be dense but what exactly do you mean by problem with hop lift? Basically as stock was it not lifting bbs much over .25? 

Ta! 

2 hours ago, Jimbodini42 said:

Hey man thanks for input. 

Sorry to be dense but what exactly do you mean by problem with hop lift? Basically as stock was it not lifting bbs much over .25? 

Ta! 

Not really a problem so to speak, but as stock I was lifting .25 without much problem but the carry just wasn’t great, .30s would lift but for the same distance I could push my .25s. 

• 2 weeks later...

I have one myself and it's stock internals currently using 0.4's and performance is good but not as good as I'd like. Deviation left to right is generally unacceptable and range could be better. I'm not sure what hop unit could go in these as I feel that is the weak link. I also plan to upgrade the barrel and probably R-hop it.

19 hours ago, WTB Mr Blonde said:

I have one myself and it's stock internals currently using 0.4's and performance is good but not as good as I'd like. Deviation left to right is generally unacceptable and range could be better. I'm not sure what hop unit could go in these as I feel that is the weak link. I also plan to upgrade the barrel and probably R-hop it.

Have you had a stock DMR other than RAPPAX? If so,  How does it compare as stock to others? Just wondering if your not as good as would like opinion is based on other dmrs or what hoped with first DMR if that makes sense? 
I fancy a DMR but fully reckon the prospect of multiple accurate shots from distance won’t be quite as good in reality anyway so am cautious 

On 06/05/2020 at 12:13, Jimbodini42 said:

Have you had a stock DMR other than RAPPAX? If so,  How does it compare as stock to others? Just wondering if your not as good as would like opinion is based on other dmrs or what hoped with first DMR if that makes sense? 
I fancy a DMR but fully reckon the prospect of multiple accurate shots from distance won’t be quite as good in reality anyway so am cautious 

I've had a second hand DMR previously and I didn't get on with it but I think perhaps I didn't give it enough of a chance. I'm basing my expectations off of the performance of my usual 350fps AEGs. I just feel the left right deviation and distance don't match the specs of the gun. I've read a review that said the hop unit wasn't good enough for the power so I planned to upgrade that anyway when I bought it but I don't know what would fit it.

I did this exact hop upgrade in my Rapax and have been really impressed with the results. Don’t get me wrong you don’t have the range and accuracy of a sniper that’s R hopped but that’s not what you pick a dmr up for imo. 

I think dmr has to be used in conjunction with team mates to cause hell for the enemy. My last game day one of the best uses of my dmr came when we were attacking a building complex with little cover leading up to it, being able to repetitively put rounds through windows from range whilst my team mates advanced on the outpost really made a big difference. Before we did this our team was taking a lot of losses to incoming fire on the advance. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
On 11/07/2020 at 14:18, Callsign mischief said:

keen to know this as well! hoping .36s easily stock but deviation left and right is a tad inconsistent. 

I have this problem too.. lofting 0.36s fine but deviation left and right..

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.