New player in the Aldershot area

Blusox69
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

Over the last few months I've converted from paintball to airsoft. PB was just too damn expensive and since my son wanted to get in on it too I couldn't justify doubling up all the costs of paint alone. So I have sold off all my of my old markers and decided on airsoft. I got my UKARA number just before Christmas, and with the money I made from selling all my paintball gear that couldn't make the cross over to airsoft, I bought a 2nd hand and fully modded Tokyo Marui HK416, and had it fully serviced. Despite this investment I still have plenty of cash left over from my paintball purge, just goes to show how expensive paint balling is!!

I'm quite familiar with the paintball fields in my area that also run airsoft. What I'm not so sure of are airsoft specific fields, I'd really like to hear from anyone who can recommend really good sites within an hours drive or so of me. Woodland and milsim are my favourite. I've not tried CQB yet, but I probably need to add a pistol or SMG to my arsenal for that. I've been playing at Ambush Adventures mostly, which I know from my paintball days. I like it but I want to expand my experience now. I'm going through all the site threads but anything you want to recommend then please go ahead and do so .

Welcome

Not sure how up to date the info is but have a look HERE for a map of sites.

I think most airsoft sites share with paintball to keep margins up but there are a few pure ones.  Not a big deal really so haven't looked into it myself.

• Head Moderator

Welcome :).

”Airsoft, so paintballers can have heroes”

@Blusox69

Glad to hear both of you are doing Airsoft, your lucky to buy the gear you want and have 💷 left over! 😜

This is my opinion on sites: 🤔

I would avoid Absolute Airsoft, it’s a hit and miss, depending on the day! A lot of Shady players and a lot of power hungry Marshals, not run to proper standards! (I went a number of times, when I was getting into it, always ran into issues!) 😵

It took me a while to find a decent site and make it my regular one! Been to a few sites some where a long journey worth it and the others closed down! 

The one I travel to regularly is Red Alert, very little issue with players at all, Marshals do a good job and have a laugh and they always try and mix it on the day instead of being the same every week! 😎

Good luck finding a site.... and have some fun!!! 👍

💷GAMBLE💷

Ironsight at Goodworth Clatford near Andover.

Its a little different to the norm, with a compact location, (former mushroom farm) giving a mixture of indoor and outdoor.

Next week Mike of GI will be taking down something new from Tipmann 

https://facebook.com/events/s/tippmann-ironsight-26th-jan-wa/136754680642322/?ti=icl

https://www.facebook.com/groups/115852231864720/permalink/2664266597023258?sfns=mo

Thanks for the welcome and suggestions. I’ll be taking a good look at the sites and links mentioned.

hello and welcome, I just thought I'd add Gunman Airsoft at Eversley into the mix since it's only 20minutes away. they have a nice mix of skirmishes, slightly longer filmsims and the occasional milsim depending on what takes your fancy, so it might be worth a look there.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived