Best brand of classic revolver?

HuttArmouries

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Im looking for a gas or co2 revolver in a classic style, either western or just old like the example photo. All I can seem to find in the uk is dan wesson and hfc and I remember dan wesson being way overpowered. 

Thanks very much. 

Model-19.jpg

A friend runs a Dan Wesson with the power down shells in it which works well

Only m29 I know of is the crown available in spring and gas. Not that great. Or Tanaka which are very nice, quite pricy. There are different versions in fancy finishes that look great but I would recommend a heavy weight versions they do in black or silver satin. Could always go wit the tm m19 which are easier to source especially uk side. Or older western saa revolvers and schofield in co2 which you can tweak fps if you know how. Suppose the intended purpose would sway which I recommend more.  

My M29 Tanaka HW.

IMG_20190513_084146.thumb.jpg.4ce5ebcd3fed9d992fa267172d5bbda1.jpg

Think that might be helliflippers (or something to the effect) which is also advertised on here. Was tempted myself but not a fan of the grip shape.

ah no its the longer one.

I'd go with a tm . The Tanakas nicer but expensive, not as easy to source. I use my Tanakas for skirmish but only cqb wouldn't want to potentially gank it up or break it in woodland. TM also is 24 shots. Fps isn't the highest but has a good fixed hop possibly tweakable with the right know how haven't messed around with one recently. There's the m19 and python available in 2,4,6" barrels, and silver or black finish. 

I've had most airsoft manufacturers revolvers, single and double action versions, and out of the lot my favourite was the relatively new schofield. 

Single action only. Easy to reload from the front of the cylinder without needing extra shells.

I fitted a fixed hop, and could run it comfortably as an only weapon in cqb.

Really miss it. 

3 hours ago, HuttArmouries said:

Im looking more for something double action. It will be used as a secondary in game. 

I would suggest a Webley but with the shell rejecting they're not the most practical to reload

I love my Dan wesson but its not much use. i have a 6 inch 1  joule moon clip version, range is not great and only 6 shots. useful revolver you are looking at tanaka. 

What about one of the Webley MkVI revolvers (I think there are a couple of companies making them)?

Can't get much more classic than that. Double action trigger too.

44 minutes ago, Diemaco said:

What about one of the Webley MkVI revolvers (I think there are a couple of companies making them)?

Can't get much more classic than that. Double action trigger too.

there is a cheap clone made by Well which is spotty at best and the original is about £150 no hop and can be hot  on a fresh CO2 bulb.

21 hours ago, BigStew said:

I love my Dan wesson but its not much use. i have a 6 inch 1  joule moon clip version, range is not great and only 6 shots. useful revolver you are looking at tanaka. 

Tanakas have sear issues, the only ones I'd trust is one from their SAA range. 

23 minutes ago, Cromulon1994 said:

Tanakas have sear issues, the only ones I'd trust is one from their SAA range. 

wasn't aware of that i have only had a couple and only for a few months before getting bored and selling them 

Never had the sear go in any of my Tanakas over the years. Was always cylinder timing issue set in first. 

On 20/01/2020 at 08:28, heroshark said:

Never had the sear go in any of my Tanakas over the years. Was always cylinder timing issue set in first. 

I wrote that while tired, but I think that's the issue I'm getting at. They stop indexing properly because the mechanism simply wears out due to being made from cheese. 

Not bad at all. Usual fairly common tm complains the full metul more power folk will echo but I rate them for what they are. 

20 hours ago, emilianoksa said:

Are the TM ones any good?

I know revolvers aren't ideal for airsoft but at least they have 24 rounds.

Low powered and plastic but the two models they do look nice. Very quiet though.

The short barrel ones are about 200fps but the longer ones are closer to 260 which makes them plenty skirmish able. 

In all fairness they're very accurate and have excellent range. 

And you will always get the one person who sees you've fired 6 shots and doesn't realise you've still got another 18.

• 3 months later...

If their SAA is anything to go by, then I would not bother with king arms revolvers. Poor quality clones of the marushin design.

8 minutes ago, Cromulon1994 said:

If their SAA is anything to go by, then I would not bother with king arms revolvers. Poor quality clones of the marushin design.

i think the pythons are KWC clones or more likely OEM

This is not a co2 revolver, it's a green gas build, I'm not sure of any other revolver like this. Unfortunately there are not many reviews or videos of the gun so it is hard to say how good it actually is. 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.