First Airsoft Guns

Andrei M.
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi Guys!

So I have played airsoft a couple of times now with lent out gear and am now sure I want to get into the sport properly.  I have found that I like to play as a rifleman, usually pushing into the enemy team. 

But since I am new at airsoft, I dont really know what gun and pistol to get. 

I have put aside 800 dollars for the primary and 300 for the secondary and that should include  all accessories for the gun except for magazines and batteries.
The gun needs to comply with Swiss regulations... meaning it can have a max of 1.13 joule. or 300fps with 0.30g bbs. 
I've taken a look at the Scorpion EVO 3 A1 B.E.T, you can easily change the spring to comply with all rules and I have heard it is a great riffle.

Now I know there are a lot of really experienced players out there that surely know better and it looks like everybody is only saying positives about the EVO, leading me to believe it is only like that because it is sponsored.

What would you recommend me to buy as a first airsoft riffle and airsoft pistol? 

Thanks a lot in advance for your help!

Hi and welcome, I cant comment on the scorpion having never used one. However most airsoft retailers should offer a service to re spring a gun in order to comply with Swiss regulations. The M4 platform is easy to work on and well served with spare and upgrade parts so is worth considering, also if you run out of ammo in a game there will usually be someone about with a spare mag. G&G seem well thought of and a mate of mine has a couple of Specna Arms that he lets his kids use and they seem bomb proof.

At the end of the day get whatever appeals to you , then go out and have fun ! 

• Head Moderator

Welcome :).

Hi!

I made the mistake of buying an awful Chinese knock-off G36 model when I first started in 2017 - after a break due to work, I purchased a Specna Arms SA-C12 Core in November, and honestly would recommend it to anyone who is getting into airsoft. The FPS is brilliant out of the box, and being an M4, the rail system allows for lots of attachments and accessories to be put on.

See mine below before replacing the stock for a Tan stock, adding a tan grip tape and changing the mags from hi-caps to 85rnd capacity!

unnamed.jpg

Archived