Howdy

IanS
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

Thought I'd just say hi, been lurking for a while. Pretty new to all this, only been playing since the start of November at Drivers Wood. To be honest I didn't think I'd take to it much as it was more for my boys (14 & 16). My 16yo has been playing for longer so encouraged me to get off my bum and have a go. Well it worked and we've only missed one weekends play since we started!

Bought myself a G&G Raider 2.0 as I read its an easy gun to get on with and it is, just bought an S&T M203 which I'm getting used too. For a plastic launcher it gets quite heavy out the front by the end of the day! The boys have named it as 'the tube of multiple deaths' .

Looking forward to when it warms up bit and longer daylight. Not nice setting in the dark and cold.

Anyway, didn't mean to whitter on but us old blokes do that...

Have a good day.

Thank you

Yes just Drivers Wood so far, its a good site and only 30 mins away. We'd like to try more sites but its knowing the little differences in how they are run which holds us back a bit. It took a while to take in all the rules and regs at D/W. 

I'd like to try one of the sites with buildings and read on here about some one trying to get an old ferry, that would be cool.

43 minutes ago, IanS said:

Thank you

Yes just Drivers Wood so far, its a good site and only 30 mins away. We'd like to try more sites but its knowing the little differences in how they are run which holds us back a bit. It took a while to take in all the rules and regs at D/W. 

I'd like to try one of the sites with buildings and read on here about some one trying to get an old ferry, that would be cool.

Consider trying Dogtag airsoft, it’s not far from driver wood and is (in my opinion) a much better site. 

@IanS 👋

Glad to hear you enjoy it and your kids do with you! 👍

Have a Good Day! 😎

💷GAMBLE💷

• Head Moderator

Welcome :).

Thank you Gamble & Jedi,

Just had a look at Dogtags FB page and it looks like its worth a visit? Also looks like it gets really busy. E21, is Dogtag your reglar site?

I did the afternoon session at DW yesterday but there were only about 12 airsofters (loads of paintballers) so it was quite up close and personal which was fun. First time I've gone without the boys as well. At least it was dry and sunny! Still a few issues with the M203 but I'll post that seperately for advise.

2 hours ago, IanS said:

Just had a look at Dogtags FB page and it looks like its worth a visit? Also looks like it gets really busy. E21, is Dogtag your reglar site?

yea it’s a very popular site, I’m there today and it’s a quite day but still 100+ players. 

Yes it’s my regular, I do pretty much every skirmish they hold. 

Archived