Specna Arms range

emilianoksa

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I know that there is a difference between the Core range which are mainly plastic and the Edge range which have metal receivers.

But there appear to be other models which are designated A, B, C, H etc.

Is there any easy way of knowing the differences between the various models according to the various letter and numbers?

Guest Yukarin

C = Core, H = HK 416s, B = Mid-Range with metal receivers, A = Same as B pretty much but with more unique furniture.

Numbers I imagine are just to help list them in their Catalogue.

Thank you very much. I believe the original enter and convert involved removing the gear box and then taking out the spring without having to open up the box.

Am I right in thinking that the Edge series all have a mosfet and enter and convert via the buffer tube?

What I don't understand is how some of the A and B versions etc. which are not part of the Edge series are actually more expensive than them. Or do they also have the Edge features?

Do the H series of HK lookalikes also have the features of the Edge. 

Guest Yukarin

A, B and H were made before the Edge series. They have a better finish than the Edge series too, for example the mock bolt on the Edge series isn't painted, but it is on the A, B AND H. Model numbers didn't change for the Spring change system. You can get B-01s with EC or SAEC.

Edge series have a quick change spring by removing the buffer tube first.

I believe they have an Edge H series planned but not sure.

• Supporters
18 hours ago, emilianoksa said:

Specna appears to have a new range out called the ONE.

They claim that was their first model.  https://specnaarms.com/en/one/

It's the first time I've heard of it though.  Some danger of brand dilution, I'd have thought.

they've been calling it "One" series for a while now.  Specna changed OEM supplier from E&C to another HK based company (some say Dytac).  I was told by EC themselves that they no longer were partners with SA as they wanted to expand their own name, not sure if this was true or not as SA still seem to be selling the One series.   

13 hours ago, emilianoksa said:

So which has the better reputation as a manufacturer: EC or Dytac?

Are the Edge series in the shops still EC?

I would say E&C,  the gearboxes are very robust.  The Dytac gb have had bearing failures apparently.  I've not personally taken one apart so can't really comment.

The Edge series was never E&C

• Supporters
On 19/01/2020 at 13:27, emilianoksa said:

Specna appears to have a new range out called the ONE.

That's just what they're calling the models that came out before the Edge and Core series.

• 3 months later...

Looking to pick-up a M4a1 Carbine Replica. The BA-01 is around £108 and BA-01 "ONE" is £134.

Did we workout the benefit of the latter? 

2 hours ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

Looking to pick-up a M4a1 Carbine Replica. The BA-01 is around £108 and BA-01 "ONE" is £134.

Hahaha, I was just looking at one of those yesterday evening!

I'd also be interested of the internal differences.

The ONE claims 430 rather than 410fps

The only differences I can see externally is the ONE has a sling plate at the base of the stock.

1 hour ago, EDcase said:

The ONE claims 430 rather than 410fps

Although that doesn't make any difference as it's tooless quick change. 

I have emailed them to ask, will let you know what they say. 

• Mostly Retired Moderators
On 09/05/2020 at 09:40, Cr0-Magnon said:

Can you link me to the guns you're looking at?

They should be the same gun. Specna's first line of guns (SA-A05, SA-B12 Etc etc) were softly rebranded as the "One" series after the introduction of the core series in order to make it easier for buyers to tell the two lines apart.

The only difference there might be is if you have the Enter & Convert gearbox (lift gearbox out to change spring), or the SAEC gearbox (spring change through the back of the reciever/buffer tube)

1 hour ago, L3wisD said:

Can you link me to the guns you're looking at?

They should be the same gun. Specna's first line of guns (SA-A05, SA-B12 Etc etc) were softly rebranded as the "One" series after the introduction of the core series in order to make it easier for buyers to tell the two lines apart.

The only difference there might be is if you have the Enter & Convert gearbox (lift gearbox out to change spring), or the SAEC gearbox (spring change through the back of the reciever/buffer tube)

https://gunfire.com/en/products/specna-arms-sa-b01-carbine-replica-1152200030.html

https://gunfire.com/en/products/sa-b01-one-tm-saec-tm-system-carbine-replica-1152207261.html

The only difference I can see is that one has the Marine markings and the other Specna. 

Although it's no longer relevant to me as I've just ordered a SA-E02 Edge Carbine from Patrol Base.

On 09/05/2020 at 09:40, Cr0-Magnon said:

The ONE is generally considered more robust.  Better internals.  I've got one in the office that we use as a test and abuse gun, completely stock.  We put silly power springs in for single and prolonged tests and so far it's held up fine with stock parts.  Not saying you will have issues with the SA-E02, I'm sure plenty have been fine but there's been some failure stories on the bearings and front gearbox cracking. 

Negative Airsoft has done some great reporting on the problems.  Worth checking him out

Thanks for the info on those two.

To answer #emilianoksa The Edge range also has quick change spring system and GATE X-ASR MOSFET.

Not wanting to throw this tread off track too much but could I ask if anyone knows about the JG M-4A (XM177) ? (PM if you don't want to discuss here)

3 hours ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

Ah yeah, so the older style (marine logo) is the gearbox-out-to-change-the-spring.

But the 2nd one has the buffer tube spring change.

Just to echo what AK2M4 has said, One series Specna arms guns are generally regarded to be the best of the range by some. The Edge, while it has more features and benefits on paper, doesn't seem to match the build, fit and finish of the One series.

The edge range has recently seen a few problems with QC. Not so much with the bearings anymore (that was apparently limited to the first batch) but namely rough burrs and gearbox insides that cause problems elsewhere in the gun.

Though Luke from Negative Airsoft has reported that newer serial number guns are seemingly coming through better now...

Just to be transparent - I have my pick of the Specna arms litter so to speak, and my old beaten up SA-B12 One series is usually the gun I take out the case first. It is a tank.

2 hours ago, L3wisD said:

my old beaten up SA-B12 One series is usually the gun I take out the case first. It is a tank.

Just to follow this up further.

I've just to fire my new H20 into anything other than my duvet 😂

I'm looking forward to seeing what it can do in a game once it's safe to do so :)

I’ve recently bought the E-12. I’m looking to sell as some of you may have seen.

This isn’t due to anything being wrong with the gun I just want an AK platform and couldn’t justify 2 weapons with 1 months salary (that’s the mrs talking) but I have to say I was impressed with the overall quality of the externals.

The internals however as I’m sure many of us have seen on YouTube Big Bird airsoft pointed out a few things that were apparent when I did come to open and clean the gearbox.

Burs within the cylinder causing the o-ring on the piston to split. Easy fix with glass paper and a new O-ring but not ideal from a brand new gun. Also, I didn’t find much lube in the gearbox and the stock hop up wasn’t the best. I tried about 100 rounds .28’s and it could barely lift them so I threw a Prowin (boo) that I had lying around with a prommy purple and omega nub flat hopped and it happily lifts the .28’s accurately. The E-12 is gonna be my CQB baby as it’s nice and compact. 

If someone buys it from me great. But I have to say a little bit of me wants it to stay - either way I’ll eventually get me an AK. It’ll just slow the process down if she doesn’t sell. 

I’d love to hear some experiences / tips / tricks with the Edge series. 

Thanks 

Ron 

09FE694E-2B16-4C16-9D77-E22988027045.jpeg

Thanks for the info and honest assessment @L3wisD and @ak2m4

It'll probably make its way to Luke at some point anyway but it doesn't need to be a total work horse as its main purpose is to be a back-up to take to site along with my main primary. 

The ones I linked you to were perhaps slightly longer than I was after (the one I've chosen should just about fit in to a nuprol medium case).

Got this coming hopefully in a few days time, with an Ares 9mm M4 magwell adaptor, to turn it or one of my many M4's into an ARP style PDW 

IMG_0024.PNG

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.