Best BB weight for sniping

Guest MMayheMx
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Guest MMayheMx

Evening everyone. 
Just after you personal preference and experience using .20 .25 .28 or .30 in a sniper. 

What’s your go to weight? 

The golden ratio is how heavy can your hop rubber hop to how much can you spend. I personally use Ares Diamond 0.43 which I find work for me but the main brands you will find are Geoff and Longbow as they are not only very consistent rounds but they also do very nice bio bbs which are useful if you are playing on a sight with those limitations 

• Head Moderator

I would not use anything under 0.30g BB.  The heavier the better for distance, keeping momentum, as the purpose of the sniper rifle is range and accuracy.

I personally use 0.45g Geoff's and they seem fairly consistent.

I have always justified the price by accepting that with a bolt action or even a dmr your shots fire will be so much lower than an AEG that it works out about the same number of games if not more for the same price in the long run.

Bioval 0.30s.

They give me the best compromise between range, stability and flight time for my sub 1J striker.

I can easily lift 0.4s but they're definitely too slow for my likings.

8 minutes ago, Skara said:

Bioval 0.30s.

They give me the best compromise between range, stability and flight time for my sub 1J striker.

I can easily lift 0.4s but they're definitely too slow for my likings.

I run .30s in my 1.1J evo and worried if I run heavier it won't get enough power to go any further than the .30s I'd happily pay for heavier ammo if I thought it would be worth it.

.48 Longbows with the MB09. 

.30's with my SVU DMR, though I reckon I could go to .32s or maybe .36's.

Archived