Problem loading AK mid caps

19RemY77
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,  Bought a cheap (£20)  winding speed loader with AK adaptor. I filled and emptied it about 15 times to try and break in the spring but it only loaded half of mag capacity before making a crunching sound and nearly snapped the handle every time. It worked fine with a manual speed loader, so sent it back for a refund.  My question is...Would a ODINS winding speed loader with adaptor be any better ? if not is there any other method filling the mags quickly.

Thanks ; )

• Supporters

1st possibility is ammo quality, good ammo is noticably smoother.

2nd is i have heard plenty of stories of the clone odin's having problems especially with breaking the handles. all i can say is i've used an original M12 from as soon as they were launched and it's never had a problem with m4 or ak mags.

I have an Odin clone and it's so flimsy I'm afraid of snapping it in half :P

As soon as it dies I'll get the real deal.

You should do the same.

I have an Odin speedloader and adaptor I use for my 200rnd AK midcaps. They’re pretty new and the Odin doesn’t fully fill them before the clutch starts slipping. It fills them like maybe 90% of the way, but I’m happy with that so I don’t top them off. But I did fill the mags a few times and leave them over night and that helped a lot. 

Buy cheap buy twice.  I have an original Odin and its superb not had an issue at all with my AK mags.  Also, from a moral standpoint buy the original and support the person who developed it rather than these rip off copies.

• 3 weeks later...
On 17/01/2020 at 11:03, 19RemY77 said:

That helps a lot thanks. By the way which mid caps are you usin and are they any good. Havent seen any 200 about ??

Sorry missed your reply here. I brought a box of 6 from taiwangun back in the Black Friday sales. I think they’re the Battleaxe ones. I’ve not yet used them in game yet but apart from the fact the the springs need breaking in they’re pretty good. I’ve had no feeding issues when I’ve been plinking on my back yard. They’re metal too which is a bonus. 

Archived