New player has entered the game...

Cannonouscrash
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

...although its a complete mindfuck to start off with.

I thought choosing the right gun was going to be most difficult part, but I reckon choosing your loadout is even worse and even then is finding a happy medium for an overall cost!

Hey, Im Jack, 36 from up north, near Leeds actually, was once the proud owner of TM G36C back in my younger days but never went to events.

I recently visited a local 'killhouse' in Leeds to see how it went and despite being the oldest there, by far, I really enjoyed it to the point where I was looking for my own gear, but its a minefield!

Going to continue with the killhouse to get my 3 games under the belt and then I will try the Sunday sessions at the Yorkshire scare ground for a more slower paced longer range environment.

I do have one question for anyone that views this...

considering your experience within the hobby, whats your worst/most regrettable purchase?

20 minutes ago, Cannonouscrash said:

I do have one question for anyone that views this...

considering your experience within the hobby, whats your worst/most regrettable purchase?

Welcome!

My most regrettable purchases are the ones I didn't think about for more than a fortnight. If you still want have a burning need to grab whatever it is, after that time, chances are you'll at least use it!

Welcome.

Luckily I haven't made too many regrettable purchases.  Mainly small bits of kit that didn't get used much.  Most stuff you don't want can be sold again so not a complete loss.

As the good Dr said above, never buy on a whim.  Always wait at least a day to decide.  You may also find something better/cheaper.

Welcome. 👋

I’ve bought my fair share of guns, gear and BDU’s! 

I always try to use what I have, I’ve made a plan each month for 2020, to use something different. 

I always want to get the most out of my purchases! 🤔

I would say the one 🔫 I “regret buying” when I first started was my third choice, a JG MAC-10, with an additional high cap! However it does perform reasonably well for a low powered AEG, yet some how always have fun with it and do better than I think! 😜

“It’s not the guns that make the player, it’s the skill behind the gun, that makes the player”- 💷GAMBLE💷 😎

@Cannonouscrash 

It depends on a number of factors, what type of 🔫 are you looking for? 🤔

💷GAMBLE💷

Well, I guess thats where I fall down, as im not sure at the point.....

I tried to break it down, not wanting to buy cheap to start with as it could ruin the experience, but not wanting to break the bank either in case the overall experience doesn't sit well with me. Im convinced or succumb to the idea that I'll spend between 200/300 on a main weapon.

• Head Moderator

Welcome :).

A reasonable start for budget. 🤔

A few questions you’ve got to ask yourself!

category: Pistol, Shotgun, SMG, LMG, Assault, DMR and Sniper?

Type: Spring/ Gas/ Electric?

Loadout: Eye protection/ boots/ BDU camo/ vest/ magazines, etc?

There’s so many things to consider when you start and continue, that’s what makes it FUN! 😜

Give it some thought, up to you, ask on the Forum and people will give you there experience and opinions! 😎

Hope this help? 👍

💷GAMBLE💷

The usual advice to anyone starting is:

- Don't get a gas rifle.

- Don't start as a sniper.

- No need for a pistol straight away.

- Start light.  Don't rush to get all the tacticool gear until you've had a few games and seen other loadouts

You can get a decent rifle for under £200.

In fact if you don't mind a polymer body, THIS one would be fine.

Generally I think Specna Arms offer the best entry level price/performance

The only gun maker to avoid is Nuprol

• Supporters
51 minutes ago, EDcase said:

The usual advice to anyone starting is:

- Don't get a gas rifle.

- Don't start as a sniper.

- No need for a pistol straight away.

- Start light.  Don't rush to get all the tacticool gear until you've had a few games and seen other loadouts

You can get a decent rifle for under £200.

In fact if you don't mind a polymer body, THIS one would be fine.

Generally I think Specna Arms offer the best entry level price/performance

The only gun maker to stay away from is Nuprol

Great advice 👍 (where were you when the rest of us started playing 😜)

There are exceptions though. If a small close up kill house is gonna be your main site to start you really can't go wrong with a good gbb pistol. As for a "loadout" a pistol makes for a very simple setup that will fit in a rucksack. My most regrettable purchase was flyye plate carrier. Not because it was a bad PC but I soon leant I don't like wearing them. Their hot, restrict movement and make it harder to feel hits. Plus it wasn't a cheap bit of kit. 

2 hours ago, heroshark said:

There are exceptions though. If a small close up kill house is gonna be your main site to start you really can't go wrong with a good gbb pistol. As for a "loadout" a pistol makes for a very simple setup that will fit in a rucksack. My most regrettable purchase was flyye plate carrier. Not because it was a bad PC but I soon leant I don't like wearing them. Their hot, restrict movement and make it harder to feel hits. Plus it wasn't a cheap bit of kit. 

Yes, and I would add to that, if playing in Close Quarters Battle (CQB) environment also consider an Auto Electric Pistol (AEP)  Something like a VZ61 Scorpion or Mac10.  More ammo and full auto if allowed.

• Supporters
16 hours ago, Cannonouscrash said:

I reckon choosing your loadout is even worse

Ahoy and welcome.  Eh, it's only as tricky or as expensive as you want to make it.  I went with tan workwear for a while (Screwfix and Primark, only the best), but am currently rocking about £30 of plastic helmet and real pretend space soldier armour made from foam matting.  It's all good, as long as you're having a laugh.

and despite being the oldest there, by far,

[Laughs in 1970s]  Our local sign-in sheet has dates of birth on it, and I do occasionally have a look through to see just how much I'm not acting my age. ;)

Biggest mistake was giving money to S.W.A.T. airsoft in return for a promise to make a BFG at some future point that suited them.  Lesson learned, only buy from retailers, and in stock.

You'll likely spunk a lot on odds and sods that you end up not using more than once, but then have you looked at your missus' shoe and handbag collection? 

Personally I'd go for the higher power and better trigger response of gbbp. The higher mag capacity and full auto are not needed for tight cqb sites. 

• Supporters
16 hours ago, heroshark said:

Personally I'd go for the higher power and better trigger response of gbbp.

Plus, they're so much more fun.  My AEP is now a backup to the backup to the ...

Have fun, tomorrow! 🔫😜

Your not the only, who started late.... got to make up for lost time! 😎👍

💷GAMBLE💷

1 hour ago, GAMBLE said:

Have fun, tomorrow! 🔫😜

Your not the only, who started late.... got to make up for lost time! 😎👍

💷GAMBLE💷

Being in your 30s when you start is starting late? Damn, I'm 38 🤦‍♂️😂

@Ashy

No excuses, get on the field, ASAP, run, gun and have some fun! 😜👍

💷GAMBLE💷

I'm planning on it! Probably next weekend if I can get all my crap sorted out.

With knee supports, and knee pads, and my old-school way-above-ankle-height patrol boots, and a tic-tac box full of painkillers. 😂

@Ashy

That’s the right attitude! 💪😂

💷GAMBLE💷

Gotta get all my gear sorted, and whack some DPM rifle table around the Aug, then I'm theoretically good to go.

DPM > MTP. Well, I am old... 

@Ashy

Don’t knock yourself!!!! 💪

Besides, I Like the old school DPM, my favourite loadout choice! 😎👍

💷GAMBLE💷

1 minute ago, GAMBLE said:

@Ashy

Don’t knock yourself!!!! 💪

Besides, I Like the old school DPM, my favourite loadout choice! 😎👍

💷GAMBLE💷

Woohoo, it's not just me! All I seem to see is a sea of MTP.

That was damn near poetic. 😎

Archived