WE M16

rsvpiper
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

My guess would be a feeding issue like lining up the feed lips on the magazine with the groove / track that pushes the bb into the hop-up unit / cylinder (just a guess). My only experience with cold weather gas issues have really been my magazines using more gas and being less efficient than they do in the summer.

Only occurs in full auto? How about indoors when the mags are warmer? Do BBs still come out of the barrel at the same time as they come out of the ejection port?

Hmm, just waiting for mine to arrive 😏

Could be an alignment issue with the nozzle or the magazine feed lips might need wearing in a bit (holding BB's too tight)

Yes, check indoors with warmer temps to eliminate that possibility.

Check the internals for signs of wear (fresh metal exposed) to make sure fit tolerances are OK

Either a feed issue or a cycle speed issue. Doesnt appear to be gas cool down related.  Counter intuitive as it seems try it with normal green gas as well. Try better BBs too.  Strange that it seems to feed fine in semi - hence why I mention the cycle speed.

Might be the retention catch in the mag being loose, combined with the recoil shaking things around. I have a few old gbbr mags where if you give them a solid whack, the catch comes loose and some BBs are pushed out by the spring

image.png.3626e27143ae26ce7a20da687a1e1db2.png

Do you have another mag to test? It would help with troubleshooting even if my suggestion isn't the root cause.

5 minutes ago, DrAlexanderTobacco said:

Might be the retention catch in the mag being loose, combined with the recoil shaking things around. I have a few old gbbr mags where if you give them a solid whack, the catch comes loose and some BBs are pushed out by the spring

image.png.3626e27143ae26ce7a20da687a1e1db2.png

Do you have another mag to test? It would help with troubleshooting even if my suggestion isn't the root cause.

WE GBBRs dont have that sort of catch at all. They are held in by the feed lips.

3 minutes ago, Yukarin said:

WE GBBRs dont have that sort of catch at all. They are held in by the feed lips.

Agreed, there could be a possibility that the catch on the bottom of the nozzle that feeds the bbs into the chamber is hitting the feed lips and knocking them loose?

20 minutes ago, RYoung22 said:

Agreed, there could be a possibility that the catch on the bottom of the nozzle that feeds the bbs into the chamber is hitting the feed lips and knocking them loose?

Might be possible but haven't heard of that happening before. Waiting for OP's answer to my questions, but generally, even with red or black gas, full auto isn't really usable in the winter for GBBRs and as a result bolt bounce or double feeds may be causing his issue.

10 minutes ago, Yukarin said:

Might be possible but haven't heard of that happening before. Waiting for OP's answer to my questions, but generally, even with red or black gas, full auto isn't really usable in the winter for GBBRs and as a result bolt bounce or double feeds may be causing his issue.

Very true it’s a rare thing to happen, to be fair all the suggestions in this post are very possible issues/solutions - Like you say, more info surrounding the issue is probably needed 

Nozzle looks completely fine, to confirm, this only happens on full auto? Were you using red gas indoors? Also BBs are coming out of the barrel at the same time as them being kicked out the ejection port?

6 minutes ago, Yukarin said:

Nozzle looks completely fine, to confirm, this only happens on full auto? Were you using red gas indoors? Also BBs are coming out of the barrel at the same time as them being kicked out the ejection port?

Yes only happening on full auto, don't see it seems to be double feeding! Did use red gas yes, I'll not get chance to do anything now till tomorrow but from memory it did the same on green in the house shooting onto the garden 

Might be a strange solution but is it fitted with an NPAS valve? I’ve known the valve to get stuck or close and essentially not fire any gas to the barrel (sends near 100% gas rearward to cycle the bolt) & ends up feeding 2/3 bb’s without firing, jams & throws them out of the extraction port (sounds strange I know but I’ve had a friends gun with this problem) however this wouldn’t explain why it works on semi and not on auto

rsvpiper: Have you disassembled it and cleaned everything?

New guns straight from factory are not the cleanest.

Hard to see but looking at the first photo at full res it does look like there are a few dings in the top part of the hood where the fake lock lugs are.

Don't think it will be the cause and shouldn't affect performance but keep an eye on that area to make sure it doesn't get worse.

On 15/01/2020 at 23:37, EDcase said:

rsvpiper: Have you disassembled it and cleaned everything?

New guns straight from factory are not the cleanest.

Hard to see but looking at the first photo at full res it does look like there are a few dings in the top part of the hood where the fake lock lugs are.

Don't think it will be the cause and shouldn't affect performance but keep an eye on that area to make sure it doesn't get worse.

Over the weekend stripped and cleaned the bolt oiled it up, green gas in mag and it fires faultless! First 3 rnd single shot then 3 full auto bursts without a hitch 👍

Cool 👍

Can't wait to get mine.

Duno if I'll use it in a game tho.  Mags are so expensive & only 20rds for the shorties and 30 for the Stanags.  I'd need to spend more on the mags than the gun...

On 20/01/2020 at 23:48, EDcase said:

Cool 👍

Can't wait to get mine.

Duno if I'll use it in a game tho.  Mags are so expensive & only 20rds for the shorties and 30 for the Stanags.  I'd need to spend more on the mags than the gun...

Ain't that the truth,  just have to be a bit more disciplined with the trigger finger,  got a great deal on the gun and mags from anareus.eu even free shipping on anything over €150! winner winner chicken dinner 

Yeah, I might get three or four 30rd mags and see how it goes.

Not heard of Anareus before

I got THIS one for £277 including delivery...

...BUT it seems that ParcelFarce have lost it 😡

UPDATE: Tracking now says 'Sorted' 😏

4 days to get from Taiwan to UK

10 days to get through customs 🤣

6 minutes ago, EDcase said:

Yeah, I might get three or four 30rd mags and see how it goes.

Not heard of Anareus before

I got THIS one for £277 including delivery...

...BUT it seems that ParcelFarce have lost it 😡

Nice the only thing a miss with these is the fore grip is quite flimsy, not nearly as good as the one on my classic army M16

On 23/01/2020 at 13:15, rsvpiper said:

Nice the only thing a miss with these is the fore grip is quite flimsy, not nearly as good as the one on my classic army M16

I have one of those as well 😉

Might swap them over if needed.

Well, turns out customs want £73.99 which makes the total £351 so I'll just let it go back and maybe get one from Anareus instead.

Even though the magazines at Anareus are good price, I'm kinda bummed that I'd have to spend quite a bit more to actually skirmish 🙄

From what several people have told me, I would need around 7 mags for a short game (only 230 rounds including the supplied mag) which would cost a total £537 😖

That's the reality of GBBR's I guess

11 hours ago, EDcase said:

Well, turns out customs want £73.99 which makes the total £351 so I'll just let it go back and maybe get one from Anareus instead.

Even though the magazines at Anareus are good price, I'm kinda bummed that I'd have to spend quite a bit more to actually skirmish 🙄

From what several people have told me, I would need around 7 mags for a short game (only 230 rounds including the supplied mag) which would cost a total £537 😖

That's the reality of GBBR's I guess

That's a big hit from the tax man!

And yes it's the cost unfortunately!

Archived