Alright folks? This is where we say Hi, right?

Ashy
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Morning everyone! 

Been lurking here for aaaaaaages, thought I might finally sign up. 😁

Got a few two-tones that a couple of mates and I use for back-garden plinking from time to time, but now thinking I might get myself to a skirmish at some point soon as I've spent FAR too much modding my MB01 and I'm clearly enjoying it. (Probably on my bod, like the Billy No-mates that I am)

Just in the process of rounding up some odds and sods to make life easier. Got some decent boots, trousers, shirts, etc already owned, adding some eye protection, mesh mask, and a chest rig (And probably an MTP boonie as I'm a sucker for comedy headgear), and then I reckon I'll be good to go. 

Oh, and I bought an AA R901 Aug A2 (Because I wanted an Aug, don't judge me 😆) and they sent me a RIF instead of a IF. I will not be informing them of their mistake. 😂

I know you all love photos but it's 3am and I'm off to bed, so check back probably at the weekend 👍 😀

Nice t'meet ya all.

• Head Moderator

Welcome :).

• Supporters
5 hours ago, Ashy said:

Got a few two-tones that a couple of mates and I use for back-garden plinking from time to time, but now thinking I might get myself to a skirmish at some point soon as I've spent FAR too much modding my MB01 and I'm clearly enjoying it. (Probably on my bod, like the Billy No-mates that I am)

Nothing wrong with Wells if you do a bit of fettling, or BIlly No-Mating it.  Airsofters are easy enough to talk to.

Where are you thinking of playing?  We might be able to hook you up with a date.

5 hours ago, Ashy said:

Oh, and I bought an AA R901 Aug A2 (Because I wanted an Aug, don't judge me 😆)

BLOCKED AND REPORTED.

2 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

Where are you thinking of playing?  We might be able to hook you up with a date.

I'm in Coventry, fire away! Been looking at Bassets Pole. 

BLOCKED AND REPORTED.

😂

They do seem to be something of a Marmite weapon! I like it though, and isn't that what counts? 😁

3 hours ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

Going on your own is the best way, you save loads on baofeng radios.

Good point TBF! I've looked into comms gear before, and before you know it there's £400 of kit in your cart. 😨

• Supporters
On 15/01/2020 at 15:41, Cr0-Magnon said:

Going on your own is the best way, you save loads on baofeng radios.

And for all the use that communication is in a typical airsoft skirmish, you might as well buy a toy from from Poundland and shout "Charlie Uniform November Tango!" into it to let the other side know where you are. ;)

1 hour ago, Rogerborg said:

And for all the use that communication is in a typical airsoft skirmish, you might as well buy a toy from from Poundland and shout "Charlie Uniform November Tango!" into it to let the other side know where you are. ;)

How else are you going to play music during a briefing?

My "squad" has survived at the depot on just screaming pre determined call outs for help over the site and a few times people we don't know also responded to them to assist. 

That being said I have recently butchered a bowman evo 3 headset and strapped it to my dye mask. All in I've spent £60 total between the radio, radio pouch, PTT and headset not a huge amount but that is a sizeable amount for a starter which can be spent on much better things.

9 hours ago, Musica said:

My "squad" has survived at the depot on just screaming pre determined call outs for help over the site and a few times people we don't know also responded to them to assist. 

I'm fully planning on helping out, if and when I can, to random calls I hear. That's kinda the point if you can hear it, right?

£60 all in for reasonable comms? I'm listening*....

*D'ya see what I did there? Did ya? I'll get my coat.

Archived