Please help - locking a DMR to semi-auto

sam beach WSW
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So I have a APS Demolition rifle that i am converting to a DMR I have done all the internal upgrades and its pushing 450 FPS. But I need to figure out how to semi lock my rifle before I go to Jackal 5. because DMR rifle must not be able to use full auto. If anyone could help me with this that would be amazing.

I think you're forgetting the more important factor in that it's not legal if you can do full auto and it's over 370FPS.

The simplest way is to put a physical item in the way of the fire selector, small nut and bolt to stop it turning that far around, otherwise if there is a programmable mosfet in there that would be a great way of doing it as well.

Thank you fro the information the reason I asked  was so I could start using this rifle again cause I have not used it since my upgrades

• Supporters

Some sites won't accept just a physical block on the selector switch, as full auto can still be triggered (as a fault).

if it's an AR platform then you can modify the selector bar on the exterior of the gearbox .

File down a tiny (1mm by 1mm) square on the selector plate AND jb weld/screw a bolt in the receiver.

Luke (Negative Airsoft) has a couple of videos on locking guns to semi, check his work on Youtube

Just trim a bit off the selector plate. No ugly irreversible external modifications, gun won't go into full auto, no problem.

A better solution is a programmable FCU, especially because there will be times you want to be able to go into full-auto (e.g. to resolve a semi-auto lockup, which is even more common in guns with strong springs, like DMRs). If you don't already have at least a MOSFET, which you absolutely must, now is a good time to fit one that can be programmed to have semi-auto only in any fire selector position.

44 minutes ago, PureSilver said:

Just trim a bit off the selector plate. No ugly irreversible external modifications, gun won't go into full auto, no problem.

A better solution is a programmable FCU, especially because there will be times you want to be able to go into full-auto (e.g. to resolve a semi-auto lockup, which is even more common in guns with strong springs, like DMRs). If you don't already have at least a MOSFET, which you absolutely must, now is a good time to fit one that can be programmed to have semi-auto only in any fire selector position.

An FCU isn't a mechanical lock though.

Needs to be irreversible (without taking the whole gun apart).

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Skara said:

Needs to be irreversible (without taking the whole gun apart).

1 hour ago, E21A said:

Modifying the selector plate is the only “proper” way 

My point exactly, legally it's the only way, & yeah unlikely to be found out BUT if you were it's potentially serious, especially in the land of the sweaty sock 

(Sorry Rog 😜)

3 hours ago, Skara said:

That's true, and I shouldn't be giving legally sketchy advice.

What do you suggest for @sam beach WSW's need to be able to clear jams by reverting to full auto, or cycle completion without the ability to select full-auto? Maybe a German-market FCU with cycle completion but without full-auto, like this Gate?

Archived