Alternative Loadouts

sonofsammo
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

i suppose technically none of my loadouts are entirely accurate, at most you could say that currently enough of the kit i run is russian but no particular unit or anything. but they have all been military style.

i've seen a few folk try more larp style loadouts, someone turned up as dick turpin although in deference to not being horrifically outgunned he was still running an m4.

i suppose maybe a hollywood action loadout might work, something like JW or agent 47.

one of these days i might just rock up in a suit with the makarov in my pocket and pretend i'm 007 :P

I like looking at pictures of rebel forces for kit ideas. They tend to run on a whatever is available system.

Jeans, parka, AK/G3 and a woolly hat or balaclava. Mags rammed in pockets.

Absolutely nothing special about the gear at all but historically accurate for every conflict since the 1950's.

FreedomHouse2-AP-PhotoRodrigo-Abd.jpg

Nothing quite says Rebel like a lump of meat and a leek in the pocket.

47463980_401.jpg

• Supporters
8 minutes ago, Iceni said:

mate that's just his armour plates, all these rich countries spending money on composite materials are wasting their time.....

edit: flintlock- guy did turn up one day in an indian head dress, although he agreed with my supposition (delivered at 270fps) that it did make him somewhat conspicuous.....

A decade of material on ‘alternative’ load outs is linked below.

Before going ahead though, be aware that the link goes to Arrse which is an army based forum which may include robust language and ideas.  It also includes real life warfare and may not always be suitable for those of a nervous disposition 

https://www.arrse.co.uk/community/threads/african-infantryman-of-the-year.126106/

2 hours ago, Iceni said:

I like looking at pictures of rebel forces for kit ideas. They tend to run on a whatever is available system.

47463980_401.jpg

These guys look more like 1980's Bundeswehr rather than rebels. I've no idea what the idea with the meat and leek is though, maybe he's sick of the ration packs?

Interesting topic! 

I tend to buy 🔫’S and rig used by insurgents, militias, Mercs, etc.

The most common is the AK, with a chicom rig variant, I use mine all the time, doesn’t let me down, built to last! 💪

So in my opinion, look through surplus gear,  as a “non forces/ service loadout” consists of anything they can get their hands on, as they can’t get the latest and greatest weapons! 🤔

It depends on what you have at the moment....

💷GAMBLE💷

Hope this helps? (Have more miscellaneous surplus gear) 👍

807221C7-D10B-4D9C-9FC7-B76C13DF6C2A.thumb.jpeg.c8a39ebe124d39e432f5112242e41976.jpeg

394D598C-8956-44FC-8320-DD9980B6EAD4.thumb.jpeg.ad0771a10c5e97db300d727acd45cd56.jpeg

2 hours ago, Diemaco said:

These guys look more like 1980's Bundeswehr rather than rebels

They are, but they are also certainly not looking like a modern unit. And I think that aesthetic is very much in line with what a rebel unit looks like.  No tech, No fancy guns and equipment. Mismatched gear that is of multiple shades. It plays right into an alternative loadout. 

Remove the little German shoulder flags and you have that instant Alt look.

The contractor look is an easy one to replicate. 13 hours shows this well with khakis/jeans, t shirts, and then tactical gear. I've just gone with jeans and a fitted hoodie with a chest rig and it looks alright. More importantly it's comfortable and cheap. 

I've done payday (with a variety of guns), star wars rebel (with DH17) and firefly browncoat. Used a slightly modified schofield with the firefly one and thought I would be outgunned but I got really really fast and accurate with a single action. Stupidly sold the schofield, it was the most fun I've had skirmishing. Probably going to buy a pair and do a generic gunslinger type thing next.

In cqb it makes options easier for more unusual guns as they don't need to perform as well. 

Forgetting the fallout one, vault suit with a with a pip boy. Might do that again. 

Easy, cheap load out. Just the right colour boiler suit, some yellow fabric paint, pip boy that holds a smart phone and whatever kit and gun you want. 

Depending on where and how you play you may not be outgunned not using a full auto Aeg.

I love me a well thought out loadout, but just wear outdoor style clothes with whatever load carrying I need. Mostly it’s in my belt but MP7 mags go in a chest rig and I have a rig for vector mags too. 

You could say it’s a pmc style look but it’s more of a whatever I already own and is cheap look!!  I don’t really want to dress up for Airsoft or own clothes that will only get used a dozen times a year (says the guy with 250+ pairs of trainers tho :D ) 

I have been seeing lots of movie inspired loadouts online, shield agent, Jurassic world operative, things like that. You don’t always have to be the main character to have a decent look! 

Archived