Question for GBBR users... How Many Mags?

EDcase
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Didn't find any info about this... (someone will add links I'm sure)

For players using GBBR's only, how many magazines do you carry for playing an average 30-40 minute game?  (not sniping)

Of course I know that you can't auto like an AEG with Hi-caps but thinking of 30rd mags in a relatively short game how many do you use minimum and what would be your ideal number considering cost/weight?

Cheers

I think this question is less about GBBR/AEGs and more about individual play styles.

I could quite feasibly get through a 30-40 minute game with just one or two 30 round mags. I play very 'conservatively' - semi auto; very choosy about my shots; very rarely suppress, etc. That applies whether I'm using a GBBR or AEG.

Ultimately, just ask yourself: how many mags/BBs do you tend to get through playing a 30-40 minute game with an AEG? Because it'll be pretty much the same if you switch to GBBR.

Yeah, I'm not a massive sprayer with an AEG and tend to stick to single shots but I do like to keep enemy heads down as I move from cover to cover.

It is a very personal thing.  I just wanted to get an idea of how many people have on average.

I run 7 in my MWS and 6 in my GHK AKM but want to get 1 more.  I am loath to get any more as you quite quickly get into the realms of your mags being worth more than the gun. 

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Tommycupra

Depends on the mag size and the site to be honest, if they'e CQB based games on a small site with the safe zone near by then I'll carry around 4 to 6. If it's a bigger site outdoors then I'll carry less, That's purley down to comfort vs practicality as they tend to be much heavier (and costly if you lose one) over a AEG mag. which I tend to feel much more over longer games as dependent on the mags theu can easily add a couple of kilos to your loadout. I find if you're concervitive with ammo and take decent shots then 5 should last you easily. If you have more then you can leave a few in the safe zone and just dump the empty ones and collect full ones when loading up between games and it saves time. Then do a complete reload at lunch.

Last Sunday I was running 9 mags for my MWS mk18 build. This easily lasted a 40 min game with mags to spare (so I guess 7 would be the sweet spot, but I like having a cushion), but they ran 2 longer multi-objective games where I ran out (I don’t carry a speed loader as I hate to rattle). Next time I’ll take 13 mags so I have the option for the the long games.

If you do the green gas modification to the MWS mags you can easily get 2-3 mags out of a fill of gas so with a speed loader 4 mags would probably be fine as it works out as between 8 - 12 mags worth of ammo, so right on the money in terms of number of shots

I don’t carry a speed loader to reload mags in game as I hate the rattling so once I am out of ammo for my MWS, I’m down to my pistol with three mags. Upside is my pistol actually gets used rather than being a belt ornament.

Archived