HPA Tank fillups NW England

Guest LukeJLFC
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Guest LukeJLFC

As the title says lads, I need to find somewhere in the Liverpool area that does HPA tank fillups. I have considered getting a handpump that will work for HPA tank pressures but i dont want to get one if there is somewhere nearby that will do it. also found one on amazon for about £80, will this work https://www.amazon.co.uk/Pressure-Portable-Inflator-3000PSI-Cylinder/dp/B07PBBL1VV/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?dchild=1&keywords=3000psi+stirrup+pump&qid=1578520460&sr=8-1-fkmr0

I've asked around local paintball fields and its a no from all of them.

I also asked a fieldsports shop about 15mins away and they said to check something out called 'CTR' in Liverpool i think.

Regardless, hopefully some liverpool/wigan hpa users can help me out here.

I assume you have been to Taskers in Liverpool? They sell air rifles and might charge tanks. The web site is rubbish though so you cant tell what services they offer.

There is a diving shop but I have noticed that they don't do tank refills but might know who does.  http://www.aquaventurers.co.uk/home.html

Also, I remember a hazy conversation with one of the marshalls at Liverpoo Swat Airsoft about gas guns and HPA. He mentioned that they have charging facility at the woodland site they use at Park Gate. I could be making that shit up but it is also used as a paintball site so could well have something there. Could be worth speaking to them.

One of my previous posts on air fills has been quoted above, but I’ll add the following:

1) Your best option is to fill where you play.  

But if you have HPA and are playing at a site that does not use compressed air then you can't.

(Note that in paintball it is 'common' to use HPA, but if a paintball site caters to rentals as opposed to own gunner 'walkons' then they may still run on CO2.

2) Find somewhere that you can fill at and takeaway.

Sites are likely to be reluctant.  They do not know what you are going to do, e.g. play in a random field and generate an armed response, or have an accident due to unsafe practices.

Dive centres may fill for you, but may also be reluctant, and if they do then you would be expected to provide the 'fill station adaptor' of the right clamp type for their system.

3) Obtain a scuba tank to fill at a dive centre, then self fill with your own fill station.

(For reference check out the ScubaToys fill calculator to get an idea of how many self fills you will get - everytime you top up you reduce the source capacity.)

Your best bet is to top up at every opportunity, not letting your 'playing' cylinder fall too low.

https://www.scubatoys.com/paintball/scubafills2.asp

4) Obtain a filtered stirrup pump, and build up your muscles.

You have two options with a stirrup pump:

4.1) As per 3 with a scuba, fill little and often.  Advantage = less pumps per top up.  Disadvantage = You have to pump the hose enough to open the valve, if your cylinder has dropped to 2800PSI but you get tired once you have pumped 2500PSI then all you have done is to have a pressurised hose but have added nothing into the cylinder.

4.2) Allow your cylinder to get low.  Advantage = Less pumps until you open the valve, you manage to get some air into the cylinder quicker.  Disadvantage = You still need all of the pumps to fill the cylinder to its capacity (or to the pressure you’re going to need to keep in game)

16 hours ago, DrAlexanderTobacco said:

image.thumb.png.3ac4efc213e11d1b01b9a5539ccdadaa.png

From here: 

It doesn't solve your problem exactly but it does at least lay out all the options and OP was from Wigan - maybe @Wo1f ended up finding a good place

Wolf learned the error of his ways. Upon realising I wasn’t an obnoxious twat that everyone hates I abandoned the HPA testing 😂

3 hours ago, Wo1f said:

Wolf learned the error of his ways. Upon realising I wasn’t an obnoxious twat that everyone hates I abandoned the HPA testing 😂

..... not only that, but the thread was in December 2017 which implies that I a firm scenario paintballer has been on this Airsoft forum for at least 2 years.

Further investigation reveals I’ve been here since 2015, so over 4 years now!!!!!!

You’ve all been generally alright for a bunch of air-softies.  Certainly not this guy who either isn’t here or was too embarrassed !

Guest LukeJLFC
21 hours ago, CrackCommandoUnit1972 said:

I assume you have been to Taskers in Liverpool? They sell air rifles and might charge tanks. The web site is rubbish though so you cant tell what services they offer.

There is a diving shop but I have noticed that they don't do tank refills but might know who does.  http://www.aquaventurers.co.uk/home.html

Also, I remember a hazy conversation with one of the marshalls at Liverpoo Swat Airsoft about gas guns and HPA. He mentioned that they have charging facility at the woodland site they use at Park Gate. I could be making that shit up but it is also used as a paintball site so could well have something there. Could be worth speaking to them.

No mate I’ve seen it but haven’t given it much attention, figured it just get swept up by keywords when I was googling around. I’ll give a call tomorrow cheers

• 4 weeks later...

If you have an Arco store nearby, certain ones have cylinder filling stations. I go to the one in Warrington and they fill my 7L dive bottle for £3 a go! 

Archived