Best Airsoft MP5?

Armo1000
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

For a while now I have been thinking of a replacement on my first ever airsoft gun which was a CA MP5, and just wondering what people would consider the best mid-high end MP5s are? I am looking for a piece with a bit more quality now, as my old one was great but a starter gun so wasn't built too well and fell apart after many years of use (inside and out). I always enjoyed the MP5 platform so would love to continue using it but with something that will last.

I considered the new Umarex MP5 A4s, but these are not being exported to Europe sadly so they are out of the question. And now looking at the higher end G&G MP5s but have no idea how they perform and there seems to be allot of options for MP5s.

Most of my Airsoft guns are from WW2 or before so it would be nice to run with something a bit more modern looking again 😂

The best gbb is probably the WE Apache.

As far as aegs go, if you want metal,  it would seem to be a bit of a toss up between ICS and G&G. Is the Umarex one made by VFC? If so I expect it would be pretty good.

The cheap Cyma ones have quite a following.

The TM will also be very reliable but low powered and plastic.

I've been running a stock G&G GT Advanced TGM Q6 SD6 Blowback for about a year.  I use it only for CQB and it's my go to for sneaking around in the dark gun.  The only problem is that fire selector switch fell off in one game, so had to buy a replacement.

Been running with no issues on 11.1's as well so far, has good range and I use .28 tracers in it as well. (I've put a tracer unit inside the suppressor)

20181230_183147.jpg

1 hour ago, emilianoksa said:

The best gbb is probably the WE Apache.

As far as aegs go, if you want metal,  it would seem to be a bit of a toss up between ICS and G&G. Is the Umarex one made by VFC? If so I expect it would be pretty good.

The cheap Cyma ones have quite a following.

The TM will also be very reliable but low powered and plastic.

Yeah, it's the new Umarex MP5 with Avalon gearbox as seen here.

https://www.evike.com/products/91778/

But sadly this is only going to be available in Asia and the US. I contacted Umarex directly and they told me that they had no plans to bring this to the European market, which is a really missed market imo.

1 hour ago, Monkman said:

I've been running a stock G&G GT Advanced TGM Q6 SD6 Blowback for about a year.  I use it only for CQB and it's my go to for sneaking around in the dark gun.  The only problem is that fire selector switch fell off in one game, so had to buy a replacement.

Been running with no issues on 11.1's as well so far, has good range and I use .28 tracers in it as well. (I've put a tracer unit inside the suppressor)

Sounds like a decent option. Are there any issues with the blowback feature on the G&G? Despite sounding and looking cool I always seem to hear negative things about EBBs on Airsoft guns.

Anyone running an SMG that is not an MP5 is a fool.

I have a few of the things but my fave one is the G&G TGM A4 (the middle one). There is plenty of space in the stock for a big battery and it's very snappy on a 8.4 3700mAh NiMH. Range is good using 0.25 bbs. Like Monkman, I use it for CQB but it would happy on a woodland field.

20181209_231418.jpg

6 minutes ago, CrackCommandoUnit1972 said:

Anyone running an SMG that is not an MP5 is a fool.

I have a few of the things but my fave one is the G&G TGM A4 (the middle one). There is plenty of space in the stock for a big battery and it's very snappy on a 8.4 3700mAh NiMH. Range is good using 0.25 bbs. Like Monkman, I use it for CQB but it would happy on a woodland field.

Agreed, it is a really awesome platform to use! My old one was a full stock version as well and the battery space really is great 👌  

LCT have teased photos of MP5s before so that might be a future option? At their rate of release it will probably next year before their range is out. 

Will second G&G's range as nicely built and good performers. 

ive heard the B.O.L.T range of MP5s are really good quality. however they havent really been on the market long enough to test their longevity. that recoil system must take a toll.

TM would be safe choice. cant really say anything bad against them. if you want an MP5 that will last and require the least upgrades.

Id wait and see if ICS refresh there MP5 line like what theyve done with there M4s recently with the split gearboxes.

given the difference in the price bwteen a G&G and a TM id personally go for the TM

Archived