AA12 flashing red light

DarkAssassin
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Have had my AA12 since they came out, used it countless times.

Recently I got a new battery for it 1600mah 8.4v as prescribed by TM, the last time I used the gun it would shoot once and just lock up, with a blinking red light under the stock cover.

I have brought two different batteries since both the same spec but different brands.

One of the two fired about 15 shots before it locked up and started blinking the red LED.

Has anyone had any issues like this?

Low battery, crap battery????

• Supporters

https://www.airsoftworld.net/tokyo-marui-aa-12-automatic-electric-shotgun.html

Read the text in red at the bottom, lists a number of things that could "trip" the AA12, including voltage drop ?

25 minutes ago, Tackle said:

Snip

Wow thanks I knew about not getting battery higher than 8.4v wow I didn't know about absolutely not dry firing it under any circumstances!!!

Sometimes that's easier said than done when the gun needs to wind its mag up manually!

Also have been using .28's in there for as long as I can remember... oops!

7 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

Snip

Oh yes I hope so too, although I have been looking for a good reason to get an SGR 12...

This isn't super helpful but mosfet light can also start when there is a problem within the gearbox. I had this occur and first assumed it was the mosfet, but apparently a screw got loose and damaged the piston. 

As it happens the same aa12 has just incurred another malfunction - jamming bbs leading to a lock up - i reckon if i was to connect battery and pull the trigger.. however many times id get the red light to flash.

I had my aa12 repaired by Eagle6 after the tech i approached suggested them. Dlcustoms has also worked on aa12s but thats the only ones i know about.

Archived