WE mp7 gbb

leevincent139
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Can you clarify what you have sanded down. You say the nub? If it is the nub (the small cylinder that sits under the hop up arm and is pushed into the bucking when applying hop up) then this will have the same effect as applying less hop up. I do not have direct experience with the WE MP7 but a hop up is a hop (most of the time) and the physics will be the same.

The BB's swerving right is normally due to side spin (or an amount of) instead of pure backspin. This can be caused by the bucking either not being centred or just being crap and the BB not being centred on the contact path as it passes through the bucking. Have you checked to make sure the bucking is seated correctly and central. 

Welcome to the world of GBB, you have seen the light!

• Supporters

Sounds like a case of "twiddling"

If the bulge is off centre in the window then it'll curve off, which applies to any rubber.

You need to look down the barrel with the hop on and get it as square as possible before reassembly, can be a pain in the ass to get right on some setups.

4 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

Sounds like a case of "twiddling"

If the bulge is off centre in the window then it'll curve off, which applies to any rubber.

You need to look down the barrel with the hop on and get it as square as possible before reassembly, can be a pain in the ass to get right on some setups.

tried that before, might do it again to double check. the wierd thing is, seems like no matter what the right side is always bulged more

Is the integrated hop up arm/nub sitting squarely when you rebuild the hop up unit?

It could be that the bucking is correct but the arm is sitting skewed maybe??

Just now, RobHedley said:

Is the integrated hop up arm/nub sitting squarely when you rebuild the hop up unit?

It could be that the bucking is correct but the arm is sitting skewed maybe??

that's what I was thinking hence I started sanding the nub. the arm and nub can only rotate about a fixed point so it won't be imbalanced that way. so i thought there must be something with the nub.

Which bucking do you have?

There is a locating tab on the side of most buckings to stop them from rotating within the hop unit. You may need to make the locating tab smaller if the slot it goes into is smaller than the tab.This could be causing your bulge?

1 hour ago, RobHedley said:

Which bucking do you have?

There is a locating tab on the side of most buckings to stop them from rotating within the hop unit. You may need to make the locating tab smaller if the slot it goes into is smaller than the tab.This could be causing your bulge?

maple leaf monster

trimmed the tab ages ago😞

Damn, thought we may have been there with that one. 

When you take the bucking off, is it perfectly round when looking through it (apart from the contact patch that is)?

Without seeing images etc it is hard to say what is causing the bucking to bulge in on the right but if it is that will be the reason for the bbs swerving right. What barrel have you got? Is the contact patch squashed through the hop window in the barrel?

12 hours ago, RobHedley said:

Damn, thought we may have been there with that one. 

When you take the bucking off, is it perfectly round when looking through it (apart from the contact patch that is)?

Without seeing images etc it is hard to say what is causing the bucking to bulge in on the right but if it is that will be the reason for the bbs swerving right. What barrel have you got? Is the contact patch squashed through the hop window in the barrel?

first of all thank you so much for your time. I didn't expect someone to be so devoted to helping me.

so this is a new barrel and rubber, the 6.01 maple leaf and monster hop rubber set. I believe it is round coz it is new, and being in the same set surely means the window won't squash it?

I'm thinking either getting a new hop arm with the nub, or a new bucking. but I dont wanna waste money.

Archived