Specna gearbox woes.

snuff
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Playing today with my specna arms SA-V carbine it decided to lock up the gearbox.It made a funny noise as in naffed gearbox then locked the piston.

I've had a cursory look but nothing detailed yet..why would it do this?7.4v Lipo unmolested standard gun.Thanks for any advice.

2 years old I guess but not used by the previous owner.I was advised it is the "cheap" gearbox by a fellow owner.I will split it but wondered if it was common....never happened with my ICS guns....Cheers.

This--->https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/specna-arms-sa-v-carbine?pv=8204

@ak2m4

He's the man to ask. He should know exactly the spring for the job.

For a safe bet something like the ZCI M100 usually comes in slightly under the limit, but it'll depend on the barrel and airseal as well.

https://www.ak2m4.co.uk/internal-parts/springs/zci-aeg-spring-m100

• Supporters

Ooh nasty, does it have a thrust bearing on the spring guide? If not might wanna invest in one.

I tend to avoid having one on the piston these days, rather keep it as light as can be without swiss cheesing the strength out of it.

9 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

Ooh nasty, does it have a thrust bearing on the spring guide? If not might wanna invest in one.

I tend to avoid having one on the piston these days, rather keep it as light as can be without swiss cheesing the strength out of it.

No thrust bearing,I'll order one when I get a spring.

Those first gen Specna's are just rebranded E&C, the QD spring guide "should" have a bearing on it, same as the one below...

It's very rare to get spring damage like that but it does happen.  "cheap" gearbox or not, happens to expensive AEG's as well 

qdv1-spring-guide1-800x800.jpg

Archived