Action Army's new pistol (AAP01)

Skara

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

30 minutes ago, SSPKali said:

Someone needs to make a Wellrod style upper and enclose the bolt / integral suppressor for minimal noise and see if the Mk23 can be toppled as the snipers favourite side arm!

Don't think it'll be possible to kill the bolt noise down to mk23 levels.

It is already a nice sidearm for a sniper, some people don't run MK23s and rely on G18s/Hi-Capas instead. This is almost as snappy as a Capa, but has the full auto meme factor of the G18.

There are integral suppressor kits already out there for people to print, but honestly they all look shit and they don't suppress anything, they just replace the outer barrel with a larger piece of plastic.

Small update on mine:

Something's gone wrong as it now can't lift .3s past 40 metres anymore, thought the rubber got damaged somehow so swapped to a ML MR-Hop + I-Key. Same results really. the arm doesn't seem to apply enough pressure anymore, but it's not broken nor bent, the chamber is fine, the rubbers are fine. Don't think it's me messing up the installation as replacing a rubber and dropping a metal plate under the arm isn't exactly rocket science...

I feel a TDC may be applied soon.

• Supporters
2 hours ago, SSPKali said:

Someone needs to make a Wellrod style upper and enclose the bolt / integral suppressor for minimal noise and see if the Mk23 can be toppled as the snipers favourite side arm!

I am on board with this concept

Nice drill btw.

Update (yes, another one).

Swapped the MR for a Decepticon, now it fucking sends .4s to the moon :D

The way the hop works just doesn't apply enough pressure for the MR-Hop to work properly.

• Supporters
19 minutes ago, Skara said:

The way the hop works just doesn't apply enough pressure for the MR-Hop to work properly.

a cut up square of aeg rubber can work nicely as a spacer to get a bit more lift.

Just now, Adolf Hamster said:

a cut up square of aeg rubber can work nicely as a spacer to get a bit more lift.

Yup, thought the same. Between the arm and the I-Key.

But cba to take it apart once again :D

to be fair, if someone makes a whole upper receiver, I may buy a 2nd gun and turn it into a compact-ish cqb carbine.

1 minute ago, FreeFrag.UK said:

Is there a conclusive list for which magazines are fully compatible?

WE 22bb mags fit and feed flawlessly.

The only TM mag I have fits fine and feeds well, although it's a leaky POS so can't test the efficiency until I stop being lazy and replace the baseplate o-ring find the time to sort it. the different shape gas router doesn't seem to have an impact.

I may get my hands on one WE 50rd extendo soon, but I reckon it's gonna feed and fit fine, just like my other WE mags.

if WE and TM fit, then KJW will probably fit as well.

The only thing with non AA mags is that the mag release can't be reversed to be left handed friendly (AA mag has the retention slot on both sides, others don't)

Thanks @Skara I appreciate the info, I was just curious as if I go for it then I'd be looking at TM magazines.

I appreciate the link @Shaydee but I tend to avoid social media wherever possible, I may see if the video ever made it to YouTube.

All this is assuming that I don't give in an spend my GHK budget (was going to dip into for the AAP) on the upcoming Modify PP2000 😂

11 minutes ago, FreeFrag.UK said:

I appreciate the link @Shaydee but I tend to avoid social media wherever possible, I may see if the video ever made it to YouTube.

It's just a dude firing 5 BBs out of different brand mags (TM, WE, WE CO2, AA, KJW and "Umarex" which I presume it's VFC)

2 hours ago, FreeFrag.UK said:

Thanks @Skara I appreciate the info, I was just curious as if I go for it then I'd be looking at TM magazines.

All this is assuming that I don't give in an spend my GHK budget (was going to dip into for the AAP) on the upcoming Modify PP2000 😂

Yeah I get that, I only use Facebook for owners groups and keeping in touch with mates, too much bullshit to be found on social media in general. You can however watch that video without a login so no need to dive in to the manure pile. As @Skara pointed out though it's just a few bbs through each of the mags.

They do say that a gas router change may be required as it runs a flat nozzle, so might lose some FPS/efficiency on TM mags. I got a pair of the routers to go with my TM mags but haven't tested these out yet myself, probably won't make enough difference to warrant changing them out but I'll find that out sooner or later (it'll only be used for minimum engagement shooting with my DMR/VSR most probably -  fun switch and a long stick mag in the future might change that though!).

I'm half tempted to sell my GHK 74u and get a PP2000, they've been one of those guns I've always wanted since playing Bad Company 2 years back 😃

1 minute ago, Heath said:

sn05nqrpudb51.jpg?width=960&auto=webp&s=b9c37efa6f80b7a3fdf4f15afbe9b41d42a21f80

Do you have a link or something?

• Supporters

Review by Bad Influence: many thumbs up.

~350fps and hops 0.43g out of the box.

Takes standard Glock mags, shoots ~100 BBs  from one refill.

Hits out to 65m (real m, not airsoft m).

The reason to not get one is that they're selling out faster than they're coming in.

I must have a lemon in my hands then.

• Supporters
18 minutes ago, Skara said:

I must have a lemon in my hands then.

Well, he's not making claims of durability.  Huh, I missed your very interesting point that you could TDC-hop this thing.  TDC and blowback, its time has come.

30 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

TDC and blowback, its time has come.

Actually it's been out for a while, since the guys at Hadrons Designs already made a 3D printed TDC glock barrel (which I'm obviously going to buy).

Also I didn't break it, it just couldn't lift .3s until I got a maple leaf rubber in it.

On 15/07/2020 at 20:51, Skara said:

Update (yes, another one).

Swapped the MR for a Decepticon, now it fucking sends .4s to the moon :D

how far away is the moon? : ))) 

I think I’m one of the many that consider to sell their bulky gbbr and mags for this nimble contender ( maybe two! One as main and one as a secondary with shared mags... ) Just wondering if the accuracy potential is really that great as everyone say. Sure, there is proof of 65 m range stock, which is impressive. But with upgrades? Is the sky and the moon the limit - and how far away are they? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/07/2020 at 12:03, Hypokondrikern said:

how far away is the moon? : )) the sky and the moon the limit - and how far away are they? 

The sky and the moon are up. You don't want to be shooting that way, mate... 

2 minutes ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

Yes if you're part of the Hunteering guys lol..

On 01/08/2020 at 14:27, Cr0-Magnon said:

On 01/08/2020 at 14:35, Skara said:

Yes if you're part of the Hunteering guys lol..

;) 

well I’ll stop the metaphor and get down to the cold facts 

Skara, report on your pistol. You say that you send 0.4s to the moon but what accuracy / range are you experiencing with your upgraded piece ? Can’t wait to build a carbine out of this thing - when it’s in stock again ... 

60m ish range with I'd say 7/10 shots into a torso sized target on 0.3s. More than enough for what I use it for (close range backup to a bolt action)

I reckon you'd get much better results by using heavier weights (0.36/0.4g) and having a better support (carbine kit or just a stock)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.