Action Army's new pistol (AAP01)

Skara

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

34 minutes ago, Samurai said:

I have already pre-ordered, thanks, Skara. I'm quite hyped for this. I was looking into somehow making a GBB that only moves the minimum parts needed before this appeared.

Heh, I guess the only solution is a split slide AW/Deagle style.

I'll wait a couple of days before pre ordering, I want to know the actual retail price.

I'll most likely buy it, but at the same time I'd be terribly pissed by a TM-like price tag.

Also fuck me with $40 shipping.

holy shit.

I seriously want one of these so bad. Im wondering why they opted for a cylinder design where you'd need to change the gas router on the marui magazines? Gunna be a slight ball ache owning a TM Glock and then buying WE glock mags.

Either way this will be my new Sniper rifle side arm for a little while. Shove a giant fat suppressor on there for the giggles.

• 1 month later...

Marui mags fit fine but need the rubber router changed. It's interesting for sure, so not sure why I've just ordered both a Marui G17 and WE G45 🤔

I've given up on it for now. I'm a co2 only person and I know we co2 mags shit themselves after a while and I do not want to experience that again. Kjw co2 mags are better but no hammer spring on this earth currently can strike those valves hard enough to produce the expected output.

• 1 month later...

Fuck Facebook and Instagram, I keep seeing pictures of asian guys toying with their AAPs.

Snapped and almost clicked "pre order" but then I realized that in Italy, imported guns have to be tested, which usually results in some cunt keeping the gun and telling you that "due to its high power, it's not possible to import the item, which has been destroyed"..

I guess I'll keep waiting until it becomes available from EU shops.

• Supporters
33 minutes ago, Skara said:

Meanwhile Licking Cumstain got his mitts on one .-.

Love it whenever he gets a mention somewhere, always a new derogatory variation on his "name" (which obviously he deserves lol)

👍

• 1 month later...

ArmiSoftair (italian retailer) had a few in stock for €99.90, just bought one in FDE :) (€105 posted, not bad tbf)

Bit of an impulse buy tbf, I'll let you know once it gets here :)

First impression was odd. the gun is so light I thought AA forgot to put something in. It's entirely made of plastic (even the 14mm CCW thread is, so be careful) but it feels toyish on one hand due to weight, but rock solid on the other, zero wobble.

Dry fired about 40 rounds just to check if it was working and oh boy, the recoil is minimal, even in full auto. Due to the tiny amount of moving parts and their weight, I expect it to be really efficient (50/60 rounds with a single gas fill).

Can't wait to properly test it on Saturday (or even Sunday if we play), if it performs it will replace my G17 (which will get a carbine kit as a compensation)

It's not exactly a stunning collectors piece but obviously it's fairly unique in its design and I should imagine it'll prove to be very practical.

1 minute ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

It's not exactly a stunning collectors piece but obviously it's fairly unique in its design and I should imagine it'll prove to be very practical.

Definitely not a collector's piece.

Especially for the price they seem to have embraced the function-over-form motto.

Smol apdeit.

Took it to the field last Sunday, and I have to say, it's a pretty neat pistol!!

Very precise up to 30 metres (haven't tested the full range potential as the part of the field we played at has short ranges, between 10 and 30 metres tops) and is super snappy.

Didn't use full auto at all because I couldn't be arsed to change it every time, I may get an external dial in the future.

Had no problems lifting 0.3s, will test heavier weights once I get my hands on some white 0.4s, I am keeping it stock until the rubber dies and then swap it with a MR-Hop + I-Key.

For €100, it's a great little pistol :D

26 minutes ago, Skara said:

Smol apdeit.

Took it to the field last Sunday, and I have to say, it's a pretty neat pistol!!

Very precise up to 30 metres (haven't tested the full range potential as the part of the field we played at has short ranges, between 10 and 30 metres tops) and is super snappy.

Didn't use full auto at all because I couldn't be arsed to change it every time, I may get an external dial in the future.

Had no problems lifting 0.3s, will test heavier weights once I get my hands on some white 0.4s, I am keeping it stock until the rubber dies and then swap it with a MR-Hop + I-Key.

For €100, it's a great little pistol :D

Sounds good! Can't wait to use mine, alas it is currently sitting in a box due to lockdown :(

After seeing a couple of vids I’m more than tempted.

which is stupid as I haven’t used my mk23 in forever and have a brand new hi cappa (which is actually having issues at the mo) and need to sort and field them both! 

22 minutes ago, Albiscuit said:

After seeing a couple of vids I’m more than tempted.

which is stupid as I haven’t used my mk23 in forever and have a brand new hi cappa (which is actually having issues at the mo) and need to sort and field them both! 

I'd say give it a go, worst case you can sell it.

Stocking them seems pretty hard atm, so you'll probably shift it rather quickly.

• 2 weeks later...
22 hours ago, Hypokondrikern said:

Someone else planning to upgrade the AAP-01 into a carbine? ( with stock and a long inner barrel ) what do you think would be the ideal inner barrel length? 

Given its design, It's totally possible to make/print a whole upper assembly, while keeping the stock upper.

So you just move the lower between the two.

Barrel lenght depends on what energy output you're aiming for. The pistol does 0.8J on its stock setup, if you increase the barrel lenght by say, 10/20mm you may end up being right on that 1.13J limit for full auto. If you disable the full auto function (or buy the german version, which is locked to semi) then you may get a 200/250mm inner and up the power to 1.5/1.6J depending on what gas you use.

42 minutes ago, Skara said:

Given its design, It's totally possible to make/print a whole upper assembly, while keeping the stock upper.

So you just move the lower between the two.

Barrel lenght depends on what energy output you're aiming for. The pistol does 0.8J on its stock setup, if you increase the barrel lenght by say, 10/20mm you may end up being right on that 1.13J limit for full auto. If you disable the full auto function (or buy the german version, which is locked to semi) then you may get a 200/250mm inner and up the power to 1.5/1.6J depending on what gas you use.

I was thinking of building a semi-only lightweight dmr platform with the “over the receiver”-kits that you see below ( not yet available ). Internals would include a 300 mm + inner barrel and I-key from maple leaf. Maybe another rubber as well. 

but a more appealing idea was to of course build a small smg and keep the full auto function with before mentioned internals. Although I’m starting to see the danger in such a platform and its high FPS once a longer barrel is installed. Maybe that a crazy jet in the length you mentioned with an I-key would be enough for the range / accuracy boost. 

A second sidearm AAP and a couple of we polymer mags could make it the most compact and lightweight setup so far. 

86692875-7743-4635-8F5E-435360C102A6.jpeg

6E92AEA2-27AE-4E8E-A918-31223909A22A.jpeg

E7819C21-31A8-4E35-9D4A-FEE32D2A832C.jpeg

Someone needs to make a Wellrod style upper and enclose the bolt / integral suppressor for minimal noise and see if the Mk23 can be toppled as the snipers favourite side arm!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.