Realistic dmr range

Pewpewpetie
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all, currently building a dmr. Using a specna arms b03 v2, 407mm zci barrel, prowin hop with maple leaf 60 bucking and omega nub. Internally, I have replaced, cylinder, air nozzle, piston and piston head. Currently shooting 405/410 fps(based over 20 shots). My issue is, is everywhere I read is different, some people saying their dmr is hitting torsos at 300ft and head shots at 250/275ft. Is this just bullshit to consistently hit a target 275ft/300ft away. Currently I can hit a torso at 220ft (consistently) anything past that seems pot luck. Also using asg .36g bb. 

• Supporters
5 minutes ago, Pewpewpetie said:

Hi all, currently building a dmr. Using a specna arms b03 v2, 407mm zci barrel, prowin hop with maple leaf 60 bucking and omega nub. Internally, I have replaced, cylinder, air nozzle, piston and piston head. Currently shooting 405/410 fps(based over 20 shots). My issue is, is everywhere I read is different, some people saying their dmr is hitting torsos at 300ft and head shots at 250/275ft. Is this just bullshit to consistently hit a target 275ft/300ft away. Currently I can hit a torso at 220ft (consistently) anything past that seems pot luck. Also using asg .36g bb. 

Ignore the bullshit on the internet. Most airsofters measure their range same as they measure their dicks. 

Especially distrust those who say they use a range finder. As range finders from wish and ebay are not actually worth the cost of postage.

60mtrs plus is fine and you could step up to 0.4s and maybe gain a tiny bit more. 

2 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

60mtrs plus is fine and you could step up to 0.4s and maybe gain a tiny bit more

0.4’s in a completely standard TM FNX will get you 80m. Put a stock on it, you’re golden

100m/330ft is usually the maximum range you'll see most sniper rifles shooting and getting hits, it won't be 10/10 hits but it maybe 4/10. By default a DMR will not have that range due to lower muzzle energy cap of 1.88J compared to 2.32J. You will also need to consider stabilising and reducing the vibrations of everything as that is what gives accuracy. Also a heavier BB may give you more range if your hop can lift it, just remember the cost implication, slinging .36s at £13 per 1000 as compared to .4s at £18, and when you look into chucking .48s its 3p per shot you take. 

Realistically be happy with a 10/10 hits at 70m as that's as farther than 95% of full auto guns range as they'll start become innacurate and drop before then. Correctly setting up your hop is another massive dark art it seems, you want your BB to travel as far as possible before beginning to drop, if it starts overhopping slowly dial it back till it doesn't raise. With a rotary hop you'll be able to dial a little more in if you feel you need it such as shooting uphill however unless you're willing to reset it after I would use the "hold-over" method and just aim above your target and mortar them in. 

• Supporters

It is very hard to get 100m even with a bolt action when we are talking about a range when you can mostly anticipate it to hit a person and at the max field legal energy measured on the weight used.

70m for a dmr is more realistic, 90 for an upgraded boltie.

What most people say 70m is fair with decent heavier BBs and a good hop unit. As long as you can stay moving they’re great. Just don’t spam the trigger Like I’ve seen some new DMR users do as you’ll find your shots spreading quickly 

for most sites with the increased FPS for DMRs you can use sniper weight BBs with great affect :) 

Archived