Bent outer-barrel m14

M14shooter_nl
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

The barrel of my m14 is sligtly bent.

Its about 2mm at the and of the barrel.

What is the best whay to fix this problem.

Heating it slightly,then bending it?

spacer.pngspacer.png

What metal is it? A typical airsoft zinc alloy (pot metal) will be difficult to straighten, and steel won’t be affected by heat unless you have a forge lol.

If it were mine, I’d be prepared to buy a new one, put a steel bar in the end, lock the bar in a vice, and VERY gently try to spring the barrel back.

75%+ chance the barrel will snap or at least crack though

I have made a diy rig to hold en straght te outer-barrel. 

A headed it white a head-gun an tightning it .

And at the end cooling is down fast.

Now the bent is just 0,5mm spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

No damage at all, i took my time for it.so i am happy. A new m14 socom barrel is hard too find and about $50-$80 +shipping

1 hour ago, ak2m4 said:

Never worked on or used a M14 before but aren't the ZCI barrels compatible?  I was always led to believe they had notches for the M14 hop chamber

I have no idea, the barrel has to be made for the m14 hopup unit. The notches are differen them a m4 style hopup unit.

I have instalt a promi m14  barrel (for tm or cyma)spacer.png

• Supporters
3 hours ago, ak2m4 said:

Never worked on or used a M14 before but aren't the ZCI barrels compatible?  I was always led to believe they had notches for the M14 hop chamber

ZCI are compatible as they have both sets of grooves for standard and M14 hop units (I have one in my M14 Ebr).

Archived