Battle of the smgs? Help needed!

Ryfoolz
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Happy new year gents/ladies

So it's been roughly 14 months since I started airsoft, after going through months of gun acquisition syndrome i stayed strong and I didn't make any purchases and kept using a tm recoil hk! But with the new year and maybe half a stone heavier thanks to a very lazy Xmas period I have a desire for a lighter more agile weapon! I've been looking at all sorts of mp5s, the evo and vector and the new mp7, arp9s and pretty much everything in between but I'd like to know what you guys think your favorite smg is and why? What makes it perfect for you! 

MP5s firstly they are iconic and i love the aesthetic, the ergonomics I am a south paw so the ambidextrous control are a big win, mag change is very easy, plenty of accessories for them, they are also relatively cheap even the high end models compared to the evos and Vectors. after MP5s i go to TM P90 which is only let down by the high caps which just don't work reliably.

As BigStew said, the MP5 is the most iconic (if you're from the SAS embassy siege generation 😉)

Other than that you have to decide which you like the look of most because performance will be about the same for all.

(The P90 is much better with the STANAG hicap adapter unless you like changing mags a lot)

Can I assume we’re talking AEG here?

If so, there pretty much all the same, like all AEG’s. Buy the best looking, which imho is the Vector

2 hours ago, rocketdogbert said:

Can I assume we’re talking AEG here?

If so, there pretty much all the same, like all AEG’s.

Now now, there’s no place for truths like that here! 

5 minutes ago, E21A said:

Now now, there’s no place for truths like that here! 

ooops, forgot, TM all the way (I do have a few actually, and two TM rifles in the family, both technically SMG’s ha ha)

ARP-9 has to be my favourite.

I love the look of the newer PCCs, but the main reason is the ergonomics, I'm right handed so I couldn't give less fucks about ambi controls and I'm digging the MP5/AK style mag release, leaves no room to weird off spec holes or mag release latches.

Mine currently has a 9" front end which makes it way more comfortable to handle than the stock midget 5" piece of shit it comes out of the box with.

If only it didn't have those stupid feeding issues :(

Now, I expect someone to make a recoil (or daytona style) version of it.

Also the MP5 is the true OG subgun, the master race of shwacking terrorists in the face. I kinda want one for an Iranian Embassy themed kit whenever I get enough money to afford one.

5 hours ago, EDcase said:

As BigStew said, the MP5 is the most iconic (if you're from the SAS embassy siege generation 😉)

Other than that you have to decide which you like the look of most because performance will be about the same for all.

(The P90 is much better with the STANAG hicap adapter unless you like changing mags a lot)

The STANG adaptors are an abomination just use MAG 170 mid caps

Sorry it was mainly aeg but I'm open to gbbs! I do love an mp5 and I grew up watching die hard and playing Cs so they are god tier, but then I respect the new school of vectors (I think they look beast) and new innovation can only be a good thing. I'm looking for peak performance without the need for hundreds in investment to be fair. Also interested in why you guys love yours, what makes them special to you! 

50 minutes ago, Ryfoolz said:

I'm open to gbbs

In that case; WE Apaches.

I have the MP5 SD & MP5K - both great shooters. The SD is about the same size as an M4 though! The K is tiny.

And the MAC11 if you want a big smile.

G18 whilst not an SMG is as good as.

The only two that don't use traditional favours are the vector and MP7 but the. MP7 is the only one that it will make a difference to the performance as the shorter cylinder means it'll run at a slightly higher ROF out of the box

2 hours ago, Ryfoolz said:

...I'm looking for peak performance without the need for hundreds in investment to be fair...

If you're looking at a good GBB be prepared to spend over £600.

SMG's are OK for secondaries but not the best choice for outdoor games.

I do like using my MP5, MP5K and P90 AEG's for relatively short engagements but my main weapon is the Specna Arms M4 (SA-E03).

An ASG (KWA) mp9 is a fantastic smg.

The low power bolt is a necessity, the only thing that tends to break is the trigger disconnect bar, which lasts a long time anyway and are cheap and easy to source. 

Get a TM GBB MP7.

or an Evo AEG.

I have both and love them so much. Great fun to use not the most expensive that’s been mentioned and both work fine out of the box.

I can’t see myself buying any other guns now I have these!!

AEG: ASG CZ Scorpion EVO3A1. Hands down the best AEG SMG on the market at the moment - much less expensive (at least in the UK) than the VFC MP7, which is the only real like-for-like competitor when you bear in mind the ASG's factory FCU with stop-on-empty, 3rd burst, and bolt lock/release. The MP7 is entirely proprietary whereas the EVO3A1 uses fairly common parts where possible and has excellent factory support. I have one and it's the most fuss-free gun I've ever owned. They used to be sub-£300 but Brexit makes them £340ish, though I wouldn't hesitate to buy lightly used. These come up for sale pretty regularly, and it's a good way to get a package deal with a combat load of magazines.

GBB: ASG B&T MP9. Significantly less expensive than MP7s, excellent aftermarket support (though expect to pay handsomely for a full suite of Wii-Tech upgrades) and good all-weather performance. I would actively be looking to buy a used example with the Wii-Tech upgrades already done as GBBRs depreciate like a front-engined Ferrari. These also come up for sale pretty regularly.

6 hours ago, PureSilver said:

AEG: ASG CZ Scorpion EVO3A1. Hands down the best AEG SMG on the market at the moment - much less expensive (at least in the UK) than the VFC MP7, which is the only real like-for-like competitor when you bear in mind the ASG's factory FCU with stop-on-empty, 3rd burst, and bolt lock/release. The MP7 is entirely proprietary whereas the EVO3A1 uses fairly common parts where possible and has excellent factory support. I have one and it's the most fuss-free gun I've ever owned. They used to be sub-£300 but Brexit makes them £340ish, though I wouldn't hesitate to buy lightly used. These come up for sale pretty regularly, and it's a good way to get a package deal with a combat load of magazines.

GBB: ASG B&T MP9. Significantly less expensive than MP7s, excellent aftermarket support (though expect to pay handsomely for a full suite of Wii-Tech upgrades) and good all-weather performance. I would actively be looking to buy a used example with the Wii-Tech upgrades already done as GBBRs depreciate like a front-engined Ferrari. These also come up for sale pretty regularly.

my brother has the evo and can confirm they sling a 0.28 happily out the box a good 60m all of us were surprised just how well it performed; on the MP9 front my friend has bought one he used it for a game at UCAP Vendetta and was having feeding issues but when it worked it was an awesome little gun

I regret selling my mp9. Never used the bloody thing though, only sold it to a mate so will get to use it in the future bwahaha 

On 04/01/2020 at 07:40, DopeYourScope said:

my brother has the evo and can confirm they sling a 0.28 happily out the box a good 60m all of us were surprised just how well it performed; on the MP9 front my friend has bought one he used it for a game at UCAP Vendetta and was having feeding issues but when it worked it was an awesome little gun

they sling 0.30g out the box might even go slightly higher but I was down at 275fps~ with 0.30g

not only are they the best smg aeg for the money they are the best aeg for the money. Might be an SMG but I've never been outranged yet it has a long enough barrel and all the same components everyone else' m4s have only disadvantage is 75 round magazines but size wise you can carry more than 556 easily.

Looks like the evo is getting rave reviews, will order one and try it out within the next few weeks! Might wait for the summer for my gbb! 😅 

Archived