Budget internal upgrades

DerpyPigeon09
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys,

Wanted to upgrade my Airsoft m4 internally for better accuracy and range but I don't want to be spending more than £50.  What should I use my money to buy for accuracy and range.  

PS I play outdoors

Thanks

Would depend massively on the base gun but for accuracy and range, you want consistency as well so hopup, a decent bucking (prommy purp?) and a decent inner barrel. Checkout @ak2m4's site as they do some really good ZCI stuff. Plastic rotary hop and the 6.02 barrels are along the best of the value oriented stuff.

• Supporters

so there's a bunch of things you can do relatively on the cheap, so in order of ascending difficulty:

1. buy good quality heavier ammo, i like geoffs .32's as a mid range but go for whatever your wallet can afford for the amount you use. if you're interested in some of the science behind heavier ammo and hop types then check here: 

2. clean the barrel, and keep it clean, the cleaning rod the gun comes with is just fine with a bit of microfibre cloth threaded through it, if you're feeling fancy then some ipa to help clean it can help but i mostly do mine dry.

3. look at the hop bucking/nub combo, that guide above shows the general principles but something like a pdi w hop with standard nub or maple leaf macaron with omega nub can be very effective, the tricky thing is getting it seated in the hop nice. mostly the stock hop unit is fine (depending on the base gun, some are pretty gash), but a rotary style unit like a pro-win or maxx (not madbull, theyre awful) can make fine-tuning much easier.

4. spring change, if you're under your site energy limit by a decent margin then a spring change might be in order, depending on the gun this could be very quick and easy (eg an evo) or pretty annoying (basically any mech box without a quick change spring), however if you're pretty close then i'd leave it and go to step 5 because a gun with poor compression can jump a bit once you sort that out.

5. air seal/compression, this will require opening the box, and if you're not confident in tech work then you might want to avoid doing this. the easy check is to look on a chrono to see what fps variance you're getting from shot to shot, will tell you how bad the air seal is. however if you're happy to risk it (and have a reliable backup gun, i mean it, you really want a reliable backup gun) then check here: 

if you know what you're doing then you can get a pretty decent boost on a gun without necessarily changing many (if any) parts, but not all of it's that easy to do if you're new to the clockwork nightmare that is the guts of an aeg.

Archived