Pricing Advice for a DMR

Howser123
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all.......Firstly the 'Hi i'm new to the forums' post............hope you all had a great christmas and have plans to enjoy your new years however floats your boat (personally.........got a litre of JD for christmas so i'll be having some time with that later :) )

I'm after some pricing advice from you lovely people........this is prior to me heading over to the classified to post up the RIF

Last March i purchased a TM 417 DMR and had the boss package completed prior to delivery.....The package includes a full internal upgrade as well as a Vortex Strike Eagle 1-6 x 24, bipod and hard case).  I then went on to purchase 5 mags etc.  

After a trip to the range i thought it needed a little more in it as it was only firing at 415/420 fps on .2 so i sent it up to Kingdom of Airsoft and had another £500+ done to the pew (R Hop, EdGI barrel, Retro Arms CNC Recoil Piston, M140 Spring, KOA Blueprint motor and some other things).

So, excluding the mags etc i'm currently around £2300 into this pew......

I then (after taking it out to my local range) decided that DMR is just really not for me and that my faithful 416 is my go to pew and will continue to be going forward......

So, un-skirmished just fired at the shop and my range........(and a road trip to a milsim at longmoor but it stayed in the box).....

Need advice what to put it up for sensibly........appreciating loss against initial outlay etc.......Help would be great.....cheers in advance

Proof of purchase and invoices from KOA are all available...

IMG_3723.JPG

Oh, to add.........this also has a Gate Titan Advanced Mos on it 👍

I wish we had somewhere to post these kinds of threads......oh wait we do: https://airsoft-forums.uk/forum/151-appraisals/

Honestly, I think you'll struggle to shift this anywhere near what you think it's worth. 60% retail as a rough guide to set expectation and then the "upgrades" are only worth it for someone who actually wants that kind of build. The fact it's had "so much" done to it is irrelevant as anyone can pick up a 417 and it work, yours sounds to have "the ultimate wishlist" of parts attached but unless you're willing to take a huge hit then it'll likely gather dust. Do you have the original parts? I think if it were me I'd be tempted to revert it to stock and then sell the upgrades separately.

Stating you've put £2300 excluding mags into this makes me think you're after £1000+ for a second hand gun that is £700 (max) new.

"I wish we had somewhere to post these kinds of threads......oh wait we do: https://airsoft-forums.uk/forum/151-appraisals/"

Regards the above.........new to the forums.........so didn't know there was a separate area for this kind of stuff.......Admin, feel free to move while i head out the back and birch myself 😁

Hear what you're saying about the pew and if it needs to gather dust then so be it......what's spent is spent just thought if there was some money to be had back out of it then i'd shift it.  I have got the original parts from the build when i got it from Dave's Custom but really can't be arsed putting it back to as it was.....

I know there will be a hit on this value wise.......but having never sold one before i thought i'd test the water and ask what the experienced folks on here thought...........

Cheers for the feedback..........much appreciated 👍

Welcome to the Forum Paul!

As per our chat, really unsure how to price this, appreciate this has had an unbelievable amount of money spent on an exceptionally high quality build.

Cheeky responses aside as there is an appraisals link as well😉 - Sure others on here will be able to provide some steer to the worth of your build 

Mike

Cheers mate, seen that just now 😀 (sneaking in a post at work so didn’t see the other link)

see what comes back mate.....worse case it’ll prop up behind the Christmas tree in the loft hahahaha

happy for this to be deleted if it’s in the wrong place, I’ll search the other one out later and rewrite 

If you were actually looking to sell it, really you’ll have to price around the £800 mark. As others have said you’re selling a second hand gun (how much you claim to have used it *whether fact or fiction* is going to drop the value to about 60%) and as Steveo said upgrades are almost value-less and only add a little in value.

The only item which will be within 20% of retail will be the Vortex sight as they have good residual value due to the warranty.

as an example, you’ll see shed loads of “fully upgraded” VSRs for £500+ they very very rarely sell due to sellers over valuing what they think “upgrades” are worth. 

As per the rest of the guys, you’ll get nothing back for any time spent, and IF the specs you’ve had the gun built to are exactly what somebody else wants, the 60% of the total parts and gun cost.

Remember, if you don’t have all the original parts as well as the modified parts, you’ll need to take the value of the OEM parts away.

It’s not, for example, an £1000 rifle with £1300 of upgrades, it’s 60% of new value rifle, MINUS the cost of replacement of the parts you dont have, minus any labour costs, minus up to 100% of the value of the upgrade parts dependant upon what the buyer wants.

The only exception is the sight, exactly as has been said, 80% of retail.

Modified kit is always a tough market unfortunately, Airsoft or anything else, AND not being able to sell on FB or eBay really limits you reach.

Genuinely though, good luck if you decide to sell

rdb

Aye they are a quality scope mate......

totally hear what you’re saying about usage,.....If I was selling to a mate they’d know that it hasn’t been used, a stranger not so....tricky one eh

like I say, worse case it’ll be stored away......I know it’s a pew I won’t use as the style of gameplay isn’t for me...I love my 416 and it’s always my go to

Funny how upgrades mean nothing to value, especially how people chase range, accuracy and power...but then I suppose opinions on what upgrades are best are individual....therefore i totally get that it doesn’t improve price

cheers for the post mate.....appreciate the feedback 👍👍👍

Aye FB and Ebay restrictions is a kick in the nuts But hey, that’s the nanny state we live in I suppose

it think reading this there are 2 options......sell cheap or store in the attic

either that or chuck it in the boot and let people on my team use it when I skirmish

as I say, appreciate the feedback all

you could always get the semi lock removed, fit an appropriate spring and then run it as a standard AEG. The work you've had done on it may just make it a very accurate assault rifle. Then alternate it with your 416.

No idea on the package, but take the vortex off and you'll sell it for around 240.

But it won't add 240 to the rifle as a package, cos someone would have to want that specific scope.

And at least then if you don't decide to sell the rif, you've got an extra couple of hundred that's not in the loft as well 😉

Archived