How to remove the flash hider from a G&G AEG GR25 SPR

D0dgerMH
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I recently bought, second hand, a G&G SPR GR25 which is slightly different to other versions of the GR25. I read on a review of the gun that it was possible to remove it but it doesn't say how and I can't figure it out. If I try and unscrew it, it just keeps turning and never comes off. I can't see any screws holding it on and it doesn't feel like its glued because, as I said, I can turn it but it doesn't move anymore than that. If anyone else with this gun knows how to do it or has some ideas as to how it could be done that would be great.

IMG_6483[1].JPG

IMG_6484[1].JPG

IMG_6485[1].JPG

Looks like the knurled part is a jam nut.

A good start would be getting the knurled part to turn. It could be left or right-hand thread.

Chances are the knurled bit is holding the brake via a small flange. So undoing it all the way will remove the brake.

The manual shows that the flash hider doesn't screw on to the end of the outer barrel extension - it's just slipped over and retained by a grub screw, which is why you can just spin it. You need to unscrew the thread protector (the knurled bit), which is a separate part to the flash hider, to reveal the grub screw. Back the screw out and the flash hider should just pull off.

Yup as above.

You might find it easier to lock the flash hider with an adjustable spanner over the flat area, so you can turn the knurled ring without moving the flash hider.

spacer.png

Archived