army armaments r45 detonics

bassically72
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all.hope you all had a good christmas

have been gifted one of these for xmas, love the tiny size and compactness of them. but the mag is absolutely S**T !  has to be gassed 3 times to empty a clip. anybody own one ? is this normal ? if not are there any fixes to this ? help would be appreciated. 

cheers in advance

bob

It’s a 1911 with a thin mag. More or less they’re all the same, you can’t get enough gas in them, and they cool down too fast.

CO2 mags work well in 1911’s

I think c02 would probably kill the gun. Might have to go down the route of a full size compatible 1911 mag. Legend has it that they do fit. Either that or just keep it to 10 shots a clip.

Thanks buddy

1 minute ago, bassically72 said:

I think c02 would probably kill the gun. Might have to go down the route of a full size compatible 1911 mag. Legend has it that they do fit. Either that or just keep it to 10 shots a clip.

Thanks buddy

Yup longer mags = more gas

ok further update. just fired a clip off (eventually ) it appears that coming down to the last few bbs are not quite seating properly . you have to manually push the slide up to click them in to place. oddly enough with an empty clip the gun fires perfectly with no sticking slide and the gas goes on forever. go figure its a brand new gun ! common problem amongst GBB pistols ? or just an unlucky mag ?

update on the update. saw plastic swarf on the bb clip on the topside of the mag . very gently shaved it off and the shot count seems to be improving. still think a new mag is in order once I find out which ones are compatible

1 hour ago, bassically72 said:

update on the update. saw plastic swarf on the bb clip on the topside of the mag . very gently shaved it off and the shot count seems to be improving. still think a new mag is in order once I find out which ones are compatible

it's a TM clone should take TM mags. had one years ago not a bad wee pistol but winter is not a none CO2 1911 let alone a shortened mag.

Archived