Recommend a decent Springer pistol

Jay78
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys

I'm on a budget and want to start getting into Airsoft mainly for some back yard target practice.

I only want to spend a maximum of £20-£50 max and thought a spring pistol would suffix for targets in the garden.

I would stretch to a aep but don't have the funds currently to run anything using co2 or green gas.

Finding info and yt videos on aep's is easy but spring pistols are non existent as I'm guessing there somewhat useless/ in actual skirmishing hence no reviews etc.

Thanks 

Hello,

Look at an STTi Mk23, it's gas powered but fits your budget and is a fantastic pistol that once upgraded would outrange most AEG's. Ideal for a bit of plinking in stock format, very gas efficient and when you get more into it and funds increase will be a worthy sidearm.

Hi Steve

Thanks for the quick reply, I should have mentioned I don't want to use gas just but would be open to electric.

I gotta keep the costs down to the very minimum until later maybe summer next year.

But thanks and I will note the pistol you mentioned for laters 😀

If electric is an option, the glorious Cyma G18 can be what you're looking for. Cheap, can be upgraded but you'll hit the performance wall very soon (weird box, tiny cylinder, tiny gears and motor, you can't expect much). Will run regardless of the temperature.

The STTI (or ASG, Y&P, KJW, different brands for the same gun) mk23 is a good pistol which can be upgraded for not much (and yeah, it WILL outrange AEGs). Being a Non Blowback it's extremely gas efficient so it's cheap to run, a small canister will last you a long time, it also doesn't suffer from cold temperatures like GBBs do. Plus it runs at a convenient 1J ish power so you can use it pretty much anywhere. It has some flaws being a low cost replica but they are easily addressed without expense.

I was looking at the cyma 030 and there about £60 delivered which isnt far off my budget.

The gas guy you both are recommending does seem a fairly decent option tbh and will check it out on YouTube.

I just put up a wanted advert asking for an AEP as saw some good deals on there with extra mags and even batts.

Thanks for the suggestions 

• Supporters

@heroshark will prob be able to advise you, he has a massive Springer collection, so should know what's worth having ?

Depends what you prioritize. Feel, function, range ,accuracy ,power. The newest gen tokyo marui high grade hop models tend to be best inmost terms bar feel and function. They tend to be lighter and the controls are not true to function or molded and the slide stops are non functioning. Umarex do some nice feeling exampleswith metal slides slide stops ect and tbf not tm performance but pretty good. 

Good ones are not that common in uk shops .KWC do some nice ones too but can be quite varied in build and hops are iffy. Some great others not and it's a bit random  even if you get the same model. Also often re-branded and trades added by cybergun. Uhc also do respectable tm clones which umarex re-brand and add printed trades. This site is reasonably priced has a good selection https://www.kotte-zeller.de/  . This ones good for tm https://www.airsoftguns-europe.com/ . Their best are the new gens but they do the older models in HG hop. They just tend to be less detailed and sub 200fps still perform very respectably. M9, 1911, MK23, Cougar, S&W performance center, USP.  The S&W and MK23 are the standout ones for me. Make sure to get the hi-grade hop version though. They are 200-220fps set for 0.25 ammo and reach out 40-50m model dependent. I've tweaked a few of mine to hop heavier. Obviously not mega accurate at that range but you can get fair groupings 15-20m. Personally I like springers for their tactile value aeps always felt a bit soulless. My YouTube here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPS9DgTjd3bFJ8bKj_W-Miw?view_as=subscriber which I've done done a fair few reviews on. Not easy to understand but this gives you an idea of the performance.

IMG_7063.thumb.JPG.1216dd8b7b44ba982ac392330b37e784.JPG

If you're chiefly interested in plinking, have you considered an air pistol or BB gun? Unlike airsoft guns you won't have to buy one in garish colours, and they are orders of magnitude more accurate than our toys.

Spring pistols are bluntly chiefly a children's toy these days, and AEPs are a bit crap too. If you want to go for an airsoft gun, I'll add another vote for an STTI Mk.23 - it is an immensely capable gun and very cost-effective both to buy and to shoot. I would resist the urge to buy the cheapest possible gun - it will be very disappointing, and then it will break, and then you will be back to square one except the cost of the gun poorer. Save up a bit more and buy something worth owning.

if you wanna get into airsoft and want cheap and possible to use in airsoft... can i suggest looking at spring shotguns. trishots especially are great fun in cqb. for plinking single shots are just more usable than a springer pistol even if somewhat cumbersome compared. but you can pick one of either up in your pricerange pretty easily. 

out of the few hundred games ive only seen 1 other person carry a springer pistol and that was for glory/ humiliation kills and iirc was bright pink(same person would have used a dildo for melee kills. )

@heroshark

Wow you have quite the collection very impressive indeed.

I checked out your YouTube channel and watched the video on the S&W. I decided to buy that particular gun then found out the postage cost was more than the pistol 😔

Hard to find these pistols from TM I have looked until you said so yourself there's not much here (UK)

@PureSilver

I've considered a pellet rifle or pistol I've owned a Weirauch Hw45 and a Hw95 in the past but they are expensive for me right now. Plus they are more dangerous and powerful etc... I'm definately gonna buy another but for my garden Airsoft is ok. I will consider the mk23 as a fair few are recommending it.

@remus

A shot gun, hmmmmmm that's food for thought. Cheap and a bit more power than a pistol. Cheers 

I would echo spring pistols will not hold their own in a skirmish against the more conventionally used guns. I made my collection for nostalgias sake and fun. I do have the odd springer only game I get together though which is great fun. Tri-shot shotties and the mk23 clones are a good cheap skirmish gun but do take a little more skill/tactics to wield in game over the average aeg players. 

• Supporters

If you do go AEP, then the CYMA CM.127 is indeedthe way to go: https://www.taiwangun.com/en/electric-2/cm-127-cyma

You'll see about 200fps, and they have a half decent hop.  As above though, they're not involving to shoot, and they're very chunky, having to fit the mag, motor and piston inside the grip.

So I'll +1 to the spring shotgun if you want cheap fun at a minimal budget.  The Double Eagle M309 and M401 both have respectable energy, and hop units of a sort.

https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/double-eagle-m309-pump-action-single-shot-shotgun

https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/double-eagle-m401-breacher-pump-acton-shotgun

Do be aware though that they'll feel as cheap as they are, and there's quite a lot of fragile plastic parts in there which are going to break sooner or later.  Frankly, they're disposable toys, and should be viewed as such.

Equally the mk23 clone is a fine weapon. Can be got for about £50. As stock will equal many rifles and with upgrades out range them. Even a few  good as free home brew  mods to boost it from stock.

Archived