Upgrades for ASG Scorpion Evo SMG

Samuel.Alodia
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all!

I just got the Scorpion Evo for Xmas and looking to do some upgrades for the rifle starting with the basics with the hop up and then move to the gearbox. So far I see some upgrades by airtech studios that seems to be a worthwhile choice to help with some of the issues, namely the;

stock stabilizer, hop up wheel upgrade and charging handle lock. - what are your experiences with these so far?

https://www.airtechstudios.com/collections/asg-scorpion-evo-3-a1-upgrades

Also the EVOTECK speed trigger - is it easy to install?

https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/asg-scorpion-evo-cnc-short-stroke-speed-trigger?pv=6341

Slide7.PNG

asg-scorpion-evo-cnc-short-stroke-speed-trigger-silver-1.jpg

If your on Facebook join the asg evo scorpion owners group , loads of information on there regarding upgrades etc , great group for advice if your having any problems as well , chap on there called Simon Moore is the evo guru 

I would be extremely cautious about cracking open a Scorpion EVO just because. I am basically incapable of leaving the guns I buy stock, and what I have to show for that is hideous expenditure and a great deal of frustration for often minimal gain. The only gun I have that's bone stock is my EVO3A1, and perhaps not coincidentally it is by far the most reliable gun I've ever owned. I would definitely resist the urge to go swiping your credit card through all the insides just because you can.

The stock leaf spring and the charging handle retainer are easily-fitted quality-of-life upgrades; if you want them, go ahead. The speed trigger and the hop-up wheel are also purely QOL, but they're going to be much more involved to fit. If you want them, get them, but I personally would set them to one side and keep them for a potential failure or in-depth maintenance which requires you to open the gun up anyway. I wouldn't strip my gun down for the sake of a shorter trigger pull and a hop-up wheel I can adjust with gloves on.

• Supporters
5 hours ago, Steveocee said:

Best upgrade you can buy.....buy some quality BB's and play a day or two behind it to see what needs upgrading. I know new shiny stuff attracts more shiny stuff but spend the extra money well.

/thread

the evo is a very good gun out of the box and whilst the hop unit design isn't supportive of other hop rubbers if you leave it stock it's pretty effective.

the problem is that when it's that good to begin with and you crack it open it'll be much, much easier to make it worse than to make it better.

the speed trigger especially- the stock evo trigger is already a cut above the norm.

as steve says, get some good quality .3g's and go play, seriously an evo on geoff's .3's with a well zeroed red dot is a force to be reckoned with.

Don't open it while it's still under warranty.

Charging Handle lock? Just be careful and you won't lose it. Turn the top coil of the spring 90 degrees and put the pin through it.

Stock trigger is fine. I have fired accidentally, it is fairly light.

Hop. I have no problems adjusting it with an Allen key or by hand.

I would recommend the stock stabilliser, wobble is anoying.

Yeti Wurks extended mag release is a good add on.

And invest in the bearing spring guide, will give you an extra 10 fps or so.

• Supporters

As has been said, if it's under warranty, don't touch it, use it, get used to its strengths & weaknesses, it's actually better than you think, just don't expect to outrange dmr's etc, it is an smg after all.

End if the day, if it ain't broke don't fix it, you'll prob just create expensive problems with little or no gain.

Just dress it up like the little princess it is 🦄.

😜

Archived