Tac House - Spartan Closing Down.

Asomodai
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Last game days weekend after next. Building owners finally going ahead and repurposing the Cotton Mill. Much like The Mall, it was living on borrowed time from the moment it was put into Airsoft use, but managed to last 6 years. 

Never been and now I never will!

I went for the first time on the 22nd. I only discovered it existed recently even though it’s only about 25mins away from me. It’s an awesome site and the staff are a great laugh. I was so gutted when I saw their Facebook post saying it was closing soon. I managed to book on to the last Sunday there. Non of my mates can make it so I’m going on my billy Bob. But I just couldn’t miss it. 
The owner has hinted that they’ve got something in the pipe line though, so ill

be keeping my eyes and ears open for that. 

Its a shame to see another site close. We try and attend as much as possible and have really enjoyed all the years we have been going. It will be missed as I love the dark places and tracers in there. A few of us have managed to book on the last game day on the 5th so should be awesome. Luckily for me there are numerous sites within a few hours travelling :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/12/2019 at 11:25, Spoon987 said:

The owner has hinted that they’ve got something in the pipe line though, so ill

be keeping my eyes and ears open for that. 

They all say that, Zed adventures said they were looking at new sites before the mall shut, still no news. Cqb sites are sooo hard to find it seems :(

heres hoping they find something local for you though

• 2 weeks later...

There are a couple near me.halo in Huddersfield, which is really up close and personal and the games run really smooth and are loads of fun, then there’s level 2 Atherton that’s a real top quality site, really big and really well run, and definitely, by far the best site I’ve ever been to, other than maybe tac house, rip

I was there for the last game. Was one of my regular haunts since opening. Although a very different their other site camp Sparta is worth a visit. 

18 hours ago, heroshark said:

I was there for the last game. Was one of my regular haunts since opening. Although a very different their other site camp Sparta is worth a visit. 

One of our group have mentioned Sparta a few times. It's certainly on our list of sites to visit this year.

1 hour ago, Steveocee said:

One of our group have mentioned Sparta a few times. It's certainly on our list of sites to visit this year.

Well worth visiting. Absolutely cracking site. 32 acres, 500 rooms, loads of buildings. Good mix of inside and outside play.

On 15/01/2020 at 22:54, heroshark said:

Trust me, it really isnt - read my comments on it in the review section.  Great physical site very poorly ran

1 hour ago, heroshark said:

AFAIK it's mainly britac events if you check them out. Might be others but can't remember. 

Apart from August Copehill game, Britac is stopping their events

Edit: Camp Sparta thoughts..

I've only been once which was the Brit Tac event in October 2019 I think...and yes, its a good sized site with lots of fighting inside and out with room clearing, However, I will say the caveat being that maybe its how Brit tac setup the site, but the entrances into buildings were only 2, maximum 3 doors when there were more available but were bolted shut due to trespassers / homeless / vandals wrecking the site. Which is a fine reason, however, it makes the play VERY bottle necked.

My suggestion would be to whilst there is an event on, take the bolted barricades over the doors down so that it opens up more entrance ways in and out of buildings.

Example below:

So the red line is the boundary on the event and blue the safe zone. The front building which is 3 floors including the loft, is very big, lots of rooms yet, they only had 2 entrances into the building (Pink denotes other entrances boarded up). There were a lot more buildings like this which again, just makes the play bottle necked and stagnant at times. 

Sparta.png

I'm a regular ish at Sparta with it being near to me. With all sites there's good and bad days. That said it's more good than bad and the bad hasn't been that bad ime. I'm a traveler when it comes to playing and even the best of sites have their bad days or try out games that don't pan out well. 

I’ve read some reviews, I’ve seen what people have had to say, but like Sharky said, sites have good days and bad days. I’m still going to check it out regardless.  
Sometimes I can have a bad day for no reason at all, for example the last day at the TacHouse was an awesome day for game play etc. But I just wasn’t feeling it. Probably because I turned up on my own and I’m not fully comfortable not being around familiar people. 

I have been a few times to camp sparta. My views are great site, but let down by some of the antics that go on there. I have it on good advice that this should have changed and am willing to give it another go this weekend. We shall see. Even tac house went from good to really bad, so we voted with our feet. Tried it a year later and totally changed and tbh tac house was one week ith HQ Driffield being the other. we travel all over as Heroshark does and you get good days and bad. Its how you let it effect you that matters. Personally bad day .. Sites fault then vote with feet and an honest review. Other players faults then I tend to go again to see if it has changed.

I understand all that, I just think Sparta was very poorly ran to the extent of being potentially dangerous.

Archived