Help finding sniper upgrades

XukeLho
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I have a stock JG Bar10. I've done a couple of games with it and I'm having some trouble hitting this past 20m so far.

I'm going to upgrade the Barrel, hopup and bucking as well, and this is where I need help. As a novice, I really dont know what parts I should go for. My budget is around 100€ (flexible if worth it).

If possible I'd like to make the sniper shorter, but I don't know how far I can really shorten it.

My main problem with it its the hopup (I think). Sometimes my shots fly straight (correctly hoped) and sometimes they are way too hoped and half way to the target they climb too much. I am assuming this is a hopup problem. This happens 1 in every 4 or 5 shots. Too frequently for my taste.

This is what I am considering getting so far:

HopUp: https://combatevirtual.biz/en/sniper-hop-up-chamber/6846-action-army-vsr10-hop-up-chamber-4928862548767.html?search_query=vsr+10+hop+up+army&results=4

Bucking: https://combatevirtual.biz/en/borracha-de-hop-up/11657-maple-leaf-wonder-hop-up-bucking-80-marui-gbbvsr-type-5254848311117.html?search_query=vsr+10+bucking&results=28

Inner Barrel: https://combatevirtual.biz/en/sniper-precision-barrel/5875-first-factory-pss10-603mm-430mm-inner-barrel-for-marui-vsr-10-4928862542628.html?search_query=vsr+10+inner+barrel&results=34

Note: Stores need to be European.

I would suggest holding off on upgrades as the rifle clearly has a problem only firing to 20 metres. You might end upgrading something yet it wasnt the part that caused the problem. Work out what's causing the problem first. 

The parts are from the right people, but I agree with @Asomodai that it's premature to start spending money: you don't even know what's wrong with the gun (other than being very cheaply made) yet. I'd start by tearing the gun down and setting it up properly, because JG didn't have time to do that before it left the factory. Very basic sniper tuning uses things like dental floss, pencil erasers and Teflon tape - things that are basically free, not hundreds of euros.

You're going to have to learn how to disassemble, tune, reassemble, test and repeat anyway because I guarantee you're going to be doing it a lot over the life of the rifle. It costs you nothing and you already have problems to solve, so you might as well start now.

You won't shorten it without changing the outer barrel for a G-Spec one.

Agreed with the others, ake it apart and find out why it's performing so poorly now before you spend money on it and get the same poor performance.

I agree with the hop chamber and barrel but would say to go for an "Autobot" bucking in maybe a 60deg with a concave nub. Also may be worth looking at a set of these https://combatevirtual.biz/en/sniper-precision-barrel/1020-action-army-inner-barrel-spacer-set-for-vsr-10-10137.html?search_query=vsr+barrel+spacer&results=6 as you're working on the barrel anyway it wouldn't hurt to put a set in for peace of mind.

• Supporters

When you say you have trouble hitting past 20m what exactly is the problem? Bb's falling short? Skying? Curving off left/right? Just going wherever the hell they want? What weight of ammo are you using?

I'd look into that first, theres a difference between upgrading a gun and throwing expensive parts at it hoping it'll work better.

You guys are right, I did not specify my problem. I will do that here and on the original post.

My sniper currently fires at 250fps with .2 bbs (and I will upgrade the spring soon, but first the hopup)

My main problem with it its the hopup (I think). Sometimes my shots fly straight (correctly hoped) and sometimes they are way too hoped and half way to the target they climb too much. I am assuming this is a hopup problem. This happens 1 in every 4 or 5 shots. Too frequently for my taste.

• Supporters

That sounds more air seal to me, do you know what the fps should be?

I'd start by pulling the bolt and making sure the piston has good compression, you can stretch the o ring as a cheap fix (careful not to break it), and a good dose of ptfe tape on the cylinder head.

If that helps then the hop might be fine, if it doesnt then the leak could be between the nozzle and the hop in which case yes a bucking change is in order.

You can check it on a chrono, you want a very low velocity change between shots, as low as you can get.

Archived