Either or M16s

kasaran
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

so....  anyone with experience of either the G&P M16a1  or the TM M16VN?

very much a dilemma atm

I want the a1 with a forward assist, and as far as i was aware, VN would be the early early ones that did not have one.  can anyone confirm if the TM m16vn has one or not?

Not sure about forward assist, but the TM M16A1 is an incredibly old design. Very plastic fantastic. I would get the G&P without batting an eyelid. 

34 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

Not sure about forward assist, but the TM M16A1 is an incredibly old design. Very plastic fantastic. I would get the G&P without batting an eyelid. 

yeah, more i look at it, the more i am swayed by the metal G&P.  just... thought TM magic might make it the better option

official TM fan boy but I have to say when it comes to M16s G&P over TM. TM haven't changed the M16 line in 20 years the body flex is really bad.

G&P by a country mile. Buying a basic TM AEG (with the possible exception of the M14s and High Cycles) these days is a mug's game: you can get the same thing made out of much better materials for similar or even less money elsewhere.

GP-289 is the pre-A1 M16. You want GP-290: M16A1 with teardrop forward assist and Colt trades. £299 from FireSupport isn't unreasonable, especially when they seem to be out of stock pretty much everywhere else.

4 minutes ago, PureSilver said:

G&P by a country mile. Buying a basic TM AEG (with the possible exception of the M14s and High Cycles) these days is a mug's game: you can get the same thing made out of much better materials for similar or even less money elsewhere.

GP-289 is the pre-A1 M16. You want GP-290: M16A1 with teardrop forward assist and Colt trades. £299 from FireSupport isn't unreasonable, especially when they seem to be out of stock pretty much everywhere else.

That was what i had my eye on.  The TM sale firesupport are doing is the only reason i started looking at it.   Well, its likely to be my post xmas purchase

I looked into getting an M16 a while back and while I didn't pull the trigger the model I would have picked would have been the classic army.

https://extremeairsoft.co.uk/shop/assault-rifles/electric-aeg-rifles/classic-guns/classic-army-m15a1-vietnam-x-series-rifle/

• 2 weeks later...

I have a G&P M16A1, with original Colt markings, teardrop forward assist and birdcage flashhider. I'm not necessarily selling it atm, but i havent used it in a few years. If your struggling to find one, I can always rummage around and see its still functioning? 

Im afraid i got it with my christmas monies.  Thanks for the offer though

1 hour ago, SurreySkirmisher25 said:

I have a G&P M16A1, with original Colt markings, teardrop forward assist and birdcage flashhider. I'm not necessarily selling it atm, but i havent used it in a few years. If your struggling to find one, I can always rummage around and see its still functioning? 

Archived