Gas magazines, stripped, cleaned, repaired....

witchcraft58a
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

....feeling righteous!  Nothing more really, but a satisfying couple of hours work 😀

Especially two battered and stubbornly leaky extended TM Glock mags, now working like a charm.

Also installed 5 of these bad boys, really great quality!

https://shop.jkarmy.com/jdg-floyds-licensed-magazine-extension-pad-for-tm-we-glk-model-functional-gas-bbs-rds.html

Happy Christmas!

• 2 weeks later...

I've run many gas pistols and a couple of GBBR's over the years and have never needed to repair a mag. Has the hot water trick gone out of fashion in recent years? I swear I've shown it to people and they look at me like I'm a scorcerer

These were a selection of mags I got second hand, so were in various states of repair, gas tightness!

Would love to learn about the hot water trick though....

Ah fair enough.

Leaky mag, drop in boiling water. Whilst still hot, refill with gas. Repeat until leak stops.

This has never failed me. Sometimes just the one dunk is needed, sometimes more.

• Supporters

ahh yes the hot water trick.

tbh for green gas mags i've never had an issue that a drop of silicone and filling back up wouldnt fix.

co2 mags on the other hand......

4 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

ahh yes the hot water trick.

tbh for green gas mags i've never had an issue that a drop of silicone and filling back up wouldnt fix.

co2 mags on the other hand......

Yeah I have always always kept my mags pressurised. I almost always use Colemans propane though so my mags must be dry as a nuns chuff.

Archived