Sugestions for first sniper upgrade

XukeLho
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I've recently bought a JG BAR 10 (VSR clone) and I've been doing some matches with it and I'm liking the role of snipping.

So I think its time to start upgrading it.

I'm considering one of two choices (for starting)

Spring -> In my country, the limitations are 360fps for ALL guns, and yes, this makes snipping useless as AEGs have the same springs but higher rate of fire.

HopUp -> My stock hop up is very inconsistant above 20m range. Sometimes BBs go straight, sometimes they go way overhopped and climb like crazy.

What are your sugestions?

Just one thing, if you're feeling extra generous and paste some links to some items, please paste links from EU shops. Anything from outside the EU would make it very expensive to import.

9 minutes ago, Steveocee said:

As it's a sniper, it needs to be precise. Barrel, barrel spacers, hopup, bucking would be where my concentration would go. Saying that, a spring isn't a lot so do them all?

Action Army parts would fit the bill nicely here.

As you've noticed I'm pretty new to sniper upgrades. I've only read the guides and no upgrades yet. That being that, I was considering only 1 of those 2 upgrades because, I think if I upgrade the spring, I'll have to upgrade other parts as well (trigger, piston and stuffs) because a too powerfull spring would break them very quickly. Wouldn't it?

52 minutes ago, XukeLho said:

As you've noticed I'm pretty new to sniper upgrades. I've only read the guides and no upgrades yet. That being that, I was considering only 1 of those 2 upgrades because, I think if I upgrade the spring, I'll have to upgrade other parts as well (trigger, piston and stuffs) because a too powerfull spring would break them very quickly. Wouldn't it?

Usually yes but we're not talking big power and high stress here. A lot of the chocolate trigger comments refer to the TM trigger as well, the JG is better and should certainly stand up to 360FPS kind of pressures.

If it was me, I'd go for the accuracy over the power, I don't know what you're shooting at currently but it's no good having maximum FPS if your shots don't go where you put your crosshair.

31 minutes ago, Steveocee said:

Usually yes but we're not talking big power and high stress here. A lot of the chocolate trigger comments refer to the TM trigger as well, the JG is better and should certainly stand up to 360FPS kind of pressures.

If it was me, I'd go for the accuracy over the power, I don't know what you're shooting at currently but it's no good having maximum FPS if your shots don't go where you put your crosshair.

I see what you mean. But I'm considering upgrading my spring to somewhere between 450-550fps.

1 hour ago, XukeLho said:

Spring -> In my country, the limitations are 360fps for ALL guns, and yes, this makes snipping useless as AEGs have the same springs but higher rate of fire.

3 minutes ago, XukeLho said:

I see what you mean. But I'm considering upgrading my spring to somewhere between 450-550fps.

excuse me?

Just now, XukeLho said:

Yep. I am aware of the legality problem.

Then why on earth would you do that?

4 minutes ago, Skara said:

Then why on earth would you do that?

I can (and will) change the spring according to where I'll be playing.

If I play with friends, or on the field in a country next door, I'll use a more powerfull spring.

If I play in a 'normal' field, I'll use the legal less powerfull spring.

My answer still stands. Accuracy mods first, doesn't matter if you're 360 or 550, if shots aren't going where you are aiming then you'll still miss.

With regards to your comment on spring power etc, SDiK and be done with it. Pulling apart a VSR to swap the spring isn't a hard job but it's annoying and you have to get all the seals done perfect every time, it can be super annoying. A HPA would mean you don't need to keep doing that, you wouldn't need to upgrade the trigger and could turn up and down the pressure as you needed depending on which nationality you are stood in.

37 minutes ago, Steveocee said:

My answer still stands. Accuracy mods first, doesn't matter if you're 360 or 550, if shots aren't going where you are aiming then you'll still miss.

With regards to your comment on spring power etc, SDiK and be done with it. Pulling apart a VSR to swap the spring isn't a hard job but it's annoying and you have to get all the seals done perfect every time, it can be super annoying. A HPA would mean you don't need to keep doing that, you wouldn't need to upgrade the trigger and could turn up and down the pressure as you needed depending on which nationality you are stood in.

TBH, I haven't even considered HPA. But will take a further look at it. Thanks.

I will start with the HopUp, as sugested. Thank you

Archived