G&G smc9 fps?!

davidverrall

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

58 minutes ago, davidverrall said:

So I've just ordered a G&G smc9 and noticed the website is claiming on nuprol 2.0 it shoots at 130m/s or 428fps! This is way too hot for the sites I play at. It's my first gbbr so I'm not too clued up on them. 

What can I do to lower the fps? I'd prefer it to be 330fps or less.

that isn’t legal on the UK for an Airsoft gun with full auto capability. What site did you buy it from?

its a gas pistol in a carbine kit or at least it was supposed to be looks like G&G decided not to do that and just release a stand alone.

heres a chrono is UK on white nuprol I guess

2 hours ago, rocketdogbert said:

that isn’t legal on the UK for an Airsoft gun with full auto capability. What site did you buy it from?

I ordered it on a Spanish website called tactical center due to it being out of stock everywhere in the uk. I have no intention of using it like that and have contacted g&g to see if I can get a UK spec nozzle but I'm hoping there is some other way I can get it to drop substantially.

2 hours ago, Musica said:

its a gas pistol in a carbine kit or at least it was supposed to be looks like G&G decided not to do that and just release a stand alone.

heres a chrono is UK on white nuprol I guess

The fps in the video is what I want to achieve. It does say on the g&g website the fps is set to regional regulations and gives examples.

4 minutes ago, davidverrall said:

I ordered it on a Spanish website called tactical center due to it being out of stock everywhere in the uk. I have no intention of using it like that and have contacted g&g to see if I can get a UK spec nozzle but I'm hoping there is some other way I can get it to drop substantially.

You’ll probably be OK, but be aware you’re still importing an air weapon that you need a section1 firearms licence to own AND/OR import, whether you intend to modify it once it’s imported or not.

only uk place I could see was https://fubarbundy.co.uk/shop/gg-smc-9-9mm-conversion-carbine-kit-with-gtp9-gas-blowback-pistol/

Wonder why the FPS is so high as it does seem to have blow back. I guess their "efficiency"

G&G proudly boast of 3 major technology breakthrough’s with SMC-9 120 points of adjustment on the Hop which like GTP-9 is adjusted from the end of barrel. G&G Enlarged Gas Valve which gives a 3x greater gas efficiency and lastly Ceramic Material inside the gas system to reduce frost build up and help with cool down effect.

@ryaw maybe you would like these I know you like gbbp and smgs.

On 14/12/2019 at 22:04, Musica said:

@ryaw maybe you would like these I know you like gbbp and smgs.

I'm certainly interested. I would like to get hands on with one to see how it feels and most importantly shoots.

• 10 months later...

If you are still looking then g&g support do a 100m/s nozzle. Its $12 with $19 shipping, but would bring it down on green gas for you

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.