Helmet for Big Heads

Marf83

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters
8 hours ago, DrAlexanderTobacco said:

A friend's head size is around 65cm, do you reckon it would stretch to that? He's been looking for years to find a helmet that actually fits!

I think he'll struggle to be honest. Actual Ops Core helmets only go up to 64.5 cm and Team Wendy only go to 63, that said they are sized according to having all the right layers of padding in. If he's happy to forgo a bit of the squishy stuff he might be able to use the shell with some thinner pads.

Got my airframe today. It came with zero padding installed, and it does fit on my head, but if I put ANY padding it it looks immediately to be too small so I guess this is the smaller size...

Unless I'm being dumb or I can get thinner pads somewhere!

Bugger...

Might have to return it and go for this that was recommended https://lonex.co.uk/-ops-core-tan-sand-de-swat-tactical-maritime-abs-helmet-jump-rail-l-xl/

Edited by Dragoon

• Supporters
6 hours ago, Dragoon said:

Might have to return it and go for this that was recommended https://lonex.co.uk/-ops-core-tan-sand-de-swat-tactical-maritime-abs-helmet-jump-rail-l-xl/

The Maritime is a different shell shape than the standard FAST. I have the L/XL maritime and it is NOT as large as the L/XL FAST!

• Supporters
17 hours ago, Dragoon said:

Oh ok thanks for letting me know! I'll look for the FAST then.

Would this work? https://www.308-sniper.co.uk/fast-pj-cfh-helmet-replica-tan-l-xl.html

Maybe, the FMA helmet doesn't come with those pads though. Might be the "basic" model helmet (especially at that price point). Mine came with the OCC dial liner that has a polystyrene chunk in the front of the helmet.

I have a massive head so I understand your struggle. 

I'd advise getting a pts mtek flux. It's a licensed clone and the quality is fantastic. It's a big helmet and I got the pads to be very comfortable, I am around 61 cm ish (I think). Used to suffer from pressure helmets from all the fma maritime clones etc. Been through loads of options.

This one is expensive (£125) but it'll work, is high quality and it's easier to look up (especially when prone) than a standard ops core clone. They look awesome as well. 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.