Grenade launcher

AmberYooToob
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

The bigger issues is starting to become finding sites that will allow you to use what they launch. One of my locals does not allow TAG rounds due to an unfortunate previous incident with them and the other alternative is those 40 mike things which are great if you're <20M and have BB's to throw away.

There aren't really that many parts to go wrong, the launching mechanism is more in the shells you put in. Reality is it's really just a trigger.

4 minutes ago, Steveocee said:

The bigger issues is starting to become finding sites that will allow you to use what they launch. One of my locals does not allow TAG rounds due to an unfortunate previous incident with them and the other alternative is those 40 mike things which are great if you're <20M and have BB's to throw away.

There aren't really that many parts to go wrong, the launching mechanism is more in the shells you put in. Reality is it's really just a trigger.

Well 40 mikes are the things I was looking at getting as I have a code for a site that has them in stock

If you're hellbent on getting a 40Mike then yeah it's a cheap-ish accessory. If the forty mike is "about" the RRP of £60 and then an extra £30 on the Cyma though. That's £100 for what I'd personally describe as a novelty that will sit in your kit bag 90% of the time.

Don't quote me though but I think there are 2 40Mike designs and 1 is mostly OK to use but the other isn't?

18 minutes ago, Steveocee said:

If you're hellbent on getting a 40Mike then yeah it's a cheap-ish accessory. If the forty mike is "about" the RRP of £60 and then an extra £30 on the Cyma though. That's £100 for what I'd personally describe as a novelty that will sit in your kit bag 90% of the time.

Don't quote me though but I think there are 2 40Mike designs and 1 is mostly OK to use but the other isn't?

So £90 with my code, not too bad

I know some people get use out of them but I've never really figured it out. Most 40mm grenades just seem to spray lots of BB's a short distance. Surely if you're that close it's kinda poor etiquette to use them anyway?

• Supporters
27 minutes ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

I know some people get use out of them but I've never really figured it out. Most 40mm grenades just seem to spray lots of BB's a short distance. Surely if you're that close it's kinda poor etiquette to use them anyway?

this is the problem i have with them, even with the "terrifying" 40-mike at any range where you could use them effectively you're still well within the practical range of all but the worst aeg's, so why not just use the gun?

9 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

this is the problem i have with them, even with the "terrifying" 40-mike at any range where you could use them effectively you're still well within the practical range of all but the worst aeg's, so why not just use the gun?

Unless you blind fire them at head height round a corner like a certain "popular" airsofter!

53 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

Cause its more fun!!!!!! 

I've never had anyone complain ever about getting shot by a normal moscart anyway (not used the AI ones) - quite the opposite actually. 

For £100 unless you’re buying tags, you may as well buy a pistol or some fancy attachments for your rifle. 

• Supporters
31 minutes ago, GeorgePlaysAirsoft said:

Cause its more fun!!!!!! 

I've never had anyone complain ever about getting shot by a normal moscart anyway (not used the AI ones) - quite the opposite actually. 

the shower shells are pretty low velocity, i've used a 203 round madbull in a land mine and it's not been an issue, sure its a lot of plastic but no one bb is going at any real speed.

the 40-mike isn't as bad as its hype, yes its a lot of bb's at 250fps in a short time, but frankly you could do the same thing with a high rof gun in auto anyway.

5 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

For £100 unless you’re buying tags, you may as well buy a pistol or some fancy attachments for your rifle. 

agreed, that money on either a decent sighting system or some internal tweaking will be more effective.

• Supporters
19 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

yes its a lot of bb's at 250fps in a short time, but frankly you could do the same thing with a high rof gun in auto anyway

You could, if you were a sociopath.  The 40-Mike doesn't really give you a choice other than pulling the trigger, or not pulling it.

Not being a dick: inflicting the minimum amount of pain necessary so that everyone has a good time.

Being a dick: using a device that's explicitly marketed as causing the maximum amount of pain possible.

Me, I wouldn't just ban the device, I'd ban anyone who turns up with one.  And then ban their mum too.

• Supporters

seems a bit of an extreme opinion.

i'll confess to being taken in by the hype and having been on both the sending and recieving end of the 40-mike it's really not that bad when used properly.

yes if you unload on someone at point blank it'll definately provoke annoyance in the target, but if you use it the way it should be (ie at extended range to the point you're needing to arc your shots in) then it's pretty underwhelming, the max range is terrible compared to your rifle, which was my original point in terms of comparing it to an aeg with a decent rate of fire.

i still hold that i'd rather take a 40-mike hit than a hot gun.

1 hour ago, Rogerborg said:

You could, if you were a sociopath.  The 40-Mike doesn't really give you a choice other than pulling the trigger, or not pulling it.

Not being a dick: inflicting the minimum amount of pain necessary so that everyone has a good time.

Being a dick: using a device that's explicitly marketed as causing the maximum amount of pain possible.

Me, I wouldn't just ban the device, I'd ban anyone who turns up with one.  And then ban their mum too.

All a 40-mike is, is a "strafer" in a can - strafers are a lot more common in the US, basically a rif converted to spray high RPS with an HPA tank. Used properly they're absolutely fine, and safe. Marketing definitely played a big part in the 40Mike's poor reception in the UK and - tbh - good, Airsoft Innovations can get fucked for marketing it in such a shit way.

240fps as the BB leaves the muzzle is down to around 200fps after 10 feet, so a third of a joule. Echoing Adolf's comments, I'd choose a hot gun over strafer.

4 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

I really don't agree with you there. 

What if their mum is a milf? 

17 hours ago, sonofsammo said:

I really want to make a comment about the bang rule now... But I can't think of one, so I won't.

just remember its up to them if they choose to accept. they can turn round and fire one into you first if they think they can get the shot in before you... think theres a scene in crocodile Dundee....

sidenote kinda want a like underslung shotty/ masterkey for revenging against aholes...

Archived