Anyone tried the Torc Precision SF-DI Impact grenade yet?

hitmanNo2
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

The new Torc Precision SF-DI impact grenade has been available for a little while from Bespoke Airsoft but advertisement has been poor and from what I can tell, no proper videos of it being tested except from a couple of seconds long video showing it going off from a 170mm drop.

Anyone bought one yet?  It seems a bit steep at £95 for a .209 banger

https://www.bespokeairsoft.co.uk/sf-di-sound-flash-device-impact-209-primer

39 minutes ago, hitmanNo2 said:

The new Torc Precision SF-DI impact grenade has been available for a little while from Bespoke Airsoft but advertisement has been poor and from what I can tell, no proper videos of it being tested except from a couple of seconds long video showing it going off from a 170mm drop.

Anyone bought one yet?  It seems a bit steep at £95 for a .209 banger

https://www.bespokeairsoft.co.uk/sf-di-sound-flash-device-impact-209-primer

It'll seem like a great idea, having a spoon that flies off. But it will get really old really fast. 

Better off with a dominator or a trmr if you can get one. 

51 minutes ago, Cromulon1994 said:

It'll seem like a great idea, having a spoon that flies off. But it will get really old really fast. 

Better off with a dominator or a trmr if you can get one. 

Best to use some sort of retention system for spoons so I don't think that would bother me really.  I just like the form factor over the dominator.

• Supporters

"The loaded munition and its energetic content then deflagrates causing light, sound and pressure to be dispersed through the base deflecting apertures into the local atmosphere causing distraction and disorientation to nearby personnel that are not wearing PPE."

It goes bang then?

Costs more than a TRMR, has a bit that you'll lose or break.

No thanks, unless TRMRs really have gone out of production.

I like the idea of it. Wish they had made a loop to tie the spoon on to the base with  as looking for 2 things is pish. 

I feel like they know the current market issues with the popular TRMR and priced accordingly. If it had a multishot base I can understand the price but I don't believe it can as it has a pin/spoon system to worry about on reload. 

Needs to be cheaper and so does the "tactical" deploy pouch for it.

2 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

"The loaded munition and its energetic content then deflagrates causing light, sound and pressure to be dispersed through the base deflecting apertures into the local atmosphere causing distraction and disorientation to nearby personnel that are not wearing PPE."

Ha.  I didn't read that.  What a load of twaddle.

• Supporters

I've just watched the video, and, wow, that's a tough sell.

Three bits to lose, including the pin.

"Fastest deployable" is a bold claim.  For the "fast" deploy with pin retention you need to use the £65 - sixty five pounds - holster for your £95 banger.  I make that £160 per grenade, right?

And then you need to trigger not one, but two separate mechanisms before you can pull it.  Which he demonstrated while looking at it in front of him, with bare hands.  OK, now do it by feel, with gloves on.

And that's if the pin comes out cleanly when you pull it.

OK, you've managed to get it out. Assuming you haven't been pewed while fiddling with the catches, what if you you decide not to throw it?  Or you have been pewed, and you need to put it away.

Go on, disarm it and put it back.  How are you going to get that pin back in, gloved, probably by feel, when it's on such a short cord?  Then fasten both retention clips, again by feel.

Same pin problem with a Dynatex, but he's comparing it with a TRMR, and that's twist to arm, and importantly twist to disarm, job done.

I get that it's been designed to minimise the chances for accidental discharge, but... why?  It's a .209 popper, not a magflash.  It's not usable as a proper real-life-or-death distraction device, it's a training device.  So it's really not that big a deal if your .209 pops off when you fumble it.

I've self fragged with a badly thrown TRMR, but I have never, not once, ever, accidentally set off an armed TRMR in my hand.

tl;dr version - a really expensive way of solving problems that airsofters don't have, while introducing a whole set of new ones.

Archived