454 Casull: Hellsing

HELIflipper03

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Its time for another custom project. This may be one of my most challenging. Someone has asked me to make the 454 Casull pistol from the anime Hellsing. My base will be a TM p226 with many polished components and a Guarder raw aluminium kit, to which I will be adding laser etched markings to. To get that enorumous barrel I will be using a square suppressor that fits to the end of the pistol via the outer barrel (this will be polished as well). Any other tips or anything else you can think of that would help?  

454 Casull base image.jpg

19 minutes ago, 1st commando said:

You would be better off basing it on a 1911 or 2011

Thats probably a good call, ill look into it. However the person who wants it really wants a Sig (not making life any easier)

5 minutes ago, hitmanNo2 said:

Sorry, are you making a custom 454 Casull or are you sticking a boxy suppressor on a Sig and polishing everything?

How do you expect me to make a full slide? That damn thing would never have enough gas to cycle.

2 minutes ago, HELIflipper03 said:

How do you expect me to make a full slide? That damn thing would never have enough gas to cycle.

Well, I was going to say, that is incredibly ambitious for sure.  I'd be interested to see if it could be done with some sort of hollow framework 3D printed slide.  Or you might have to cheat a bit and do a Desert Eagle style fixed barrel in the profile of the slide or like the custom Glocks with the front section of the slide fixed in the place.

So it's 454 Casull inspired.  Understood.

1 minute ago, hitmanNo2 said:

Well, I was going to say, that is incredibly ambitious for sure.  I'd be interested to see if it could be done with some sort of hollow framework 3D printed slide.  Or you might have to cheat a bit and do a Desert Eagle style fixed barrel in the profile of the slide or like the custom Glocks with the front section of the slide fixed in the place.

So it's 454 Casull inspired.  Understood.

potentially. The customer seems to be more set into looks and feel than performance, thank god. I was maybe going to try and find a component that allows the silencer to sit somewhat flush on the front slide, a bit like some of those m9 "rail stabilisers" 

15 minutes ago, HELIflipper03 said:

potentially. The customer seems to be more set into looks and feel than performance, thank god. I was maybe going to try and find a component that allows the silencer to sit somewhat flush on the front slide, a bit like some of those m9 "rail stabilisers" 

an extended Sig is going to look nothing like a 454 casull

Just now, HELIflipper03 said:

wow that could genuinely work, thanks!

Comment above made me think about it. A super long slide is going to be such an animal to make it cycle, it'd need to be plastic of some description if it wasn't a show piece.

A NBB would remove that complication (and the STTI's are only £40 new).

• Supporters

I agree, nbb ftw, all very well for the client to insist on what he wants, but just because he's seen it in a cartoon ffs, doesn't make it feasible in the real world, even real steel would be easier to accomplish than airsoft, who's gonna pay for all the failed mock ups while you try to build something that goes against the laws of physics ?.

Go back to him & offer him nbb or aep, even then it's like polishing a turd lol

• Supporters

NBB is a good idea, or split slide, but that still would need to be custom made.

Plus not only the slide is long, but the frame too. You and the customer will have to make big compromises.

(Make sure the customer knows the price. For ambitious custom requests the customer is usually surprised that a full day of my work and materials costs more than £15.)

17 minutes ago, Tackle said:

I agree, nbb ftw, all very well for the client to insist on what he wants, but just because he's seen it in a cartoon ffs, doesn't make it feasible in the real world, even real steel would be easier to accomplish than airsoft, who's gonna pay for all the failed mock ups while you try to build something that goes against the laws of physics ?.

Go back to him & offer him nbb or aep, even then it's like polishing a turf lol

very useful advice, ill go back to them and see what they think

16 minutes ago, Samurai said:

NBB is a good idea, or split slide, but that still would need to be custom made.

Plus not only the slide is long, but the frame too. You and the customer will have to make big compromises.

(Make sure the customer knows the price. For ambitious custom requests the customer is usually surprised that a full day of my work and materials costs more than £15.)

wow, some people right? Luckily this person is a close friend, but we have discussed some decent prices nonetheless. A nbb is a great idea, ill run it by them

• 1 year later...

Given this gun came up on another thread I thought I'd ask for an update,

Any wip/pictures?

On 15/04/2021 at 15:14, BigAl said:

Tell him to get a solid 3dprinted one for display and one of those awful 7" Vorsk Hi Capa's for play.

Currently trying to find a WE 'cutluss' or going to settle for the m92L. Not to convert but for play

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.