SMG rig? Maybe a Spiritus Systems?

Skara
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So,

I'll be buying some midcaps for my arp9 soon(tm) and obviously I need something that carries them.

As of now the main alternatives are 3:

- Buy/Craft an insert for my TMR. The two middle mag pouches are removable and are attached via Velcro. Helikon has various inserts available, including pistol ones which may work;

- Buy a Spiritus MK4 chassis and their SMG insert (or make my own with Velcro).

- Buy some extended TACOs at €40 each and convert my Mini Mav to a dedicated SMG rig.

If I go down the Spiritus Systems route, I will not buy the straps as I have the one from the TMR available (it's in A-Tacs iX, but idgaf honestly, it saves me €50+ for some straps), also if I need extra space I can always use my Pentagon pack.

I've seen the Viper replica, and while it seems decently made for the price, I'd buy the Spiritus one, as the quality will be much higher at roughly 1.5x the price of the repro (it's €45ish for the Viper and €80 for the SS)

What would you guys do?

9 hours ago, SgtTalbert said:

I bought this and it fits my TMR perfectly where the 2 removable pouches go.

That's neat!

It's also the least expensive option as well, me likey!

Nice Emperion patch btw :)

4 hours ago, Skara said:

That's neat!

It's also the least expensive option as well, me likey!

Nice Emperion patch btw :)

Yeah, it's a nice way of quickly switching between weapon systems.

Patch came free with the order

1 minute ago, SgtTalbert said:

Yeah, it's a nice way of quickly switching between weapon systems.

Patch came free with the order

Yup, I get free patches every time I place an order.

Just make sure you order every 6/7 months to ensure you get a different patch design :P

As soon as I get some monies I'll order 4 midcaps and 2 inserts, so I can get one in the JPC too.

I don't think the insert will fit in a JPC pouch.  I don't have the Viper insert but a different quad SMG insert and it's just a little too wide for my JPC.  Not to mention the JPC has built in mag dividers in the pouch.

3 minutes ago, hitmanNo2 said:

I don't think the insert will fit in a JPC pouch.  I don't have the Viper insert but a different quad SMG insert and it's just a little too wide for my JPC.  Not to mention the JPC has built in mag dividers in the pouch.

I will cut the dividers off, it's not a particularly well made JPC (it's from Emerson, in a really fucking ugly ChinaCam pattern), so I don't particularly give a fawkes about cutting stuff.

Worst case I'll sell the spare insert to one of my teammates who bought the Viper Spiritus clone.

Ordered the insert and 3 midcaps.

Will report tomorrow when it gets delivered

P_20191206_132825_vHDR_Auto.thumb.jpg.197eac31f13e8c2c41580537dbfa436c.jpg

Stuff has arrived.

P_20191206_133939_vHDR_Auto.thumb.jpg.af5b5ce65000d790e457065b52f92569.jpg

Dis how it looks.

@SgtTalbert since you have the rear side with male Velcro on both sides, how did you attach it?

I'm thinking a double sided female Velcro strip, sewn together should do the trick.

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Skara said:

@SgtTalbert since you have the rear side with male Velcro on both sides, how did you attach it?

I'm thinking a double sided female Velcro strip, sewn together should do the trick.

Or maybe just change the velcro on one side of the insert?

On 06/12/2019 at 15:59, Lozart said:

Or maybe just change the velcro on one side of the insert?

Wanted to, but then I thought:

If I end up buying a spiritus anyway, I don't want to have to buy another insert.

So I just took a 5cm wide strip of Velcro and folded it in half (so now it's 2.5cm wide but has loop on both sides).

Worked perfectly yesterday :)

On 09/12/2019 at 07:12, Skara said:

Wanted to, but then I thought:

If I end up buying a spiritus anyway, I don't want to have to buy another insert.

So I just took a 5cm wide strip of Velcro and folded it in half (so now it's 2.5cm wide but has loop on both sides).

Worked perfectly yesterday :)

Sorry, missed the tag. I basically did this however, I bought some 3M velcro and stuck two loop strips to each other so the Velcro on the viper and the velcro on the TMR stuck. Its held it secure great and no modifications to either sleeve or rig.

Archived